U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 09:41 PM

8,685 posts, read 14,506,523 times

Advertisements

For fast and easy, I take a couple boxes of bought scalloped or augrautin potatoes, or if time homemade batch and while getting ready for the oven. Then cut Kielbasa or smoked sausage, bologna, ham and brown quick with some onion and peppers. Mix into potatoes, and add some kind of veggie if you want, I have used broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, whatever, and bake as usual. Sausage potato casserole that goes quick and is easy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 09:55 PM

3,871 posts, read 15,514,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm ... growing up (many say getting old, NOT growing up )
Three cheers for you!!!

Old 07-19-2008, 10:18 PM

9,627 posts, read 23,831,680 times
I usually buy kielbasa in one and I don't want to know what goes into it, it tastes good, works for me

What do they say about sausage ..you really don't WANT to know what goes into it?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 AM

348 posts, read 1,103,507 times
Curly...thank you for sharing that recipe. I made it the other night because I had some leftover cabbage and did not know what to do with it.

I used golden potatoes instead of red but it turned out so well...thanks again, we loved it!

( Although I smelled like a sausage and onion for the rest of the night)

Old 01-22-2009, 09:23 AM

3,724 posts, read 8,283,861 times
The way I do it is put sauerkraut in a heavy pot, cut kielbasa into about 3" chunks then slice longways, and put on top of sauerkraut, cover with a tight lid, and simmer. Then in a separate pan, heat diced bacon until crispy, add diced onions and green peppers, then when the onions are nearly translucent, add sliced boiled potatoes. By the time the potatoes are fried, the sauerkraut and kielbasa is hot and ready to eat.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:29 PM

70 posts, read 116,786 times
A little change of pace:

Kielbasa cut into inch slices, place in a crock pot on low. Add sweet & sour and a can of pineapple chunks w/juice. Mashed tater's, veggie's, kielbasa and a nice sauce for all!

Enjoy!

Old 01-31-2009, 02:20 PM

11,878 posts, read 33,547,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidCoast Guru View Post
A little change of pace:

Kielbasa cut into inch slices, place in a crock pot on low. Add sweet & sour and a can of pineapple chunks w/juice. Mashed tater's, veggie's, kielbasa and a nice sauce for all!

Enjoy!
Somehow partnering kielbasa with pineapple chunks and juice just seems wrong...

Old 04-19-2009, 06:34 AM

6 posts, read 58,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmin71 View Post
Anyone have a good recipe, wanting to use Peppers, Onion and potatos...
I like to make kielbasa in the morning for breakfast, I put it in a pan with water, perhaps a cup or so, but do not cover kielbasa with water, do not cover pan either. Bake 350 degrees turn occasionally till water is gone and kielbasa is brown. I the meantime make make homade or frozen hashbrowns adding lots of chopped green pepper, onion and garlic if you so choose, top with cheese when the hashbrowns are done, cheese optional. Being from Wisconsin everything has cheese on it, ya know! Serve with eggs of your choice or ? As a matter of fact I am making this for breakfast today. Yesterday I went to the polish store and picked up homade kielbasa (yum, yum), the best in town.

Have a great day!
Mrs Casey

Old 04-19-2009, 08:08 AM

6 posts, read 58,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Casey View Post
I like to make kielbasa in the morning for breakfast, I put it in a pan with water, perhaps a cup or so, but do not cover kielbasa with water, do not cover pan either. Bake 350 degrees turn occasionally till water is gone and kielbasa is brown. I the meantime make make homade or frozen hashbrowns adding lots of chopped green pepper, onion and garlic if you so choose, top with cheese when the hashbrowns are done, cheese optional. Being from Wisconsin everything has cheese on it, ya know! Serve with eggs of your choice or ? As a matter of fact I am making this for breakfast today. Yesterday I went to the polish store and picked up homade kielbasa (yum, yum), the best in town.

Have a great day!
Mrs Casey
I went to a local polish restaurant and enjoyed this side dish, I found the recipe in the paper about 25 yrs ago. Here's the recipe.

Kluski z Kapusta
(noodles and cabbage)

1 pkg 12oz - frozen Kluski noodles or any hand made heavy type egg noodle. Cook according to pkg directions.
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 and 1/2 C milk
1 stick butter or margarine
1/4 C chopped fried bacon
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 t caraway (optional) my husband doesn't like caraway
1/8 t white or black papper
1 can 14oz saurkraut un-drained
Salt to taste

Melt butter then add everything else except cooked noodles, stir till smooth. Gently mix in cooked noodles, spoon into a 2qt casserole dish (ungreased). Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes till heated thru. Serves 8-10.

I like to serve this with baked kielbasa.

Baked kielbasa- Place kielbasa in shallow pan with about a cup of water, do not cover kielbasa with water. Turn occasionally, water will evaporate. Turn kielbasa to brown them. Serve with above Kuski z Kapusta and your favorite veggie on the side. Enjoy!

Mrs. Casey

Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,121,232 times
Get a box of Jambalaya rice and follow the directions on the side that tell you to add keilbasa. I'm not a big kielbasa fan, but I'll eat this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or