U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:17 AM

14,123 posts, read 20,884,550 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. So I have the griddler/panini thing and want to make a panini. Any suggestions on recipes??? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 27 days ago)

58,175 posts, read 40,973,781 times
Mesquite smoked turkey breast, Muenster Cheese, roasted red peppers, olive tapenade, and dijon mustard works for me

Old 07-29-2008, 12:36 PM

2,078 posts, read 5,657,168 times
Roast beef, munster and feta cheese, spinach, little basil, tomatoes, and french fries. Yes! French fries! Discovered the recipe in a bistro in Toulon, France!

Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,096,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Roast beef, munster and feta cheese, spinach, little basil, tomatoes, and french fries. Yes! French fries! Discovered the recipe in a bistro in Toulon, France!
Would this be like a "smash sandwich"? The last time I was in Toulon I fell in love with them. It's been 8-9 yrs. and my recent recreations have been pitiful. I tried a chuck steak and wasn't sure what else to put in it. I also used french bread and smashed it between 2 hot pans. I used orida fries. Maybe I'll try McDonalds next time.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:21 PM

285 posts, read 971,895 times
With yummy ripe tomatoes, I would do a caprese (I think that what it is called). Drizzle olive oil, place a slice of crusty bread, fresh basil leaves, thick slices of tomatoes, salt & pepper to taste, slice of fresh or regular mozzarella, basalmic vinegar, slice of bread with final drizzle of olive oil. Press till cheese is gooey and bread golden.

Some optional things: After cooked, I will lift the lid and rub a clove of garlic on the bread. Substitute mozzarella for a sharp provolone or gruyere. Lastly a slice or two of proscuitto.

Old 04-18-2009, 05:12 PM

6 posts, read 13,255 times
Default I looooovvvveee panini

Hi..I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I love panini. Actually I grew up on panini but the infamous panini press wasn't invented then.

Here's the thing with panini, you can put anything in it. For example, if you had chicken one night and you have some leftover..just cut it up, add some olive oil or mayo made from olive oil, then add some tomatoes, onions, basil, salt, pepper or whatever else you want into your sandwich. It will taste awesome trust me - I've been working on a panini recipe book and it's almost done so I'd like to consider myself somewhat of an expert!

Before you put it into the panini press...put some olive oil in a plate and dip the sandwich in the olive oil...I'm only talking aobut 1 or 2 tablespoons here...

When you put the panini in the press, use a knife to push the toppings in as you slowly squish it with the press...

And...voila an amazing gourmet panini. Enjoy!

Old 04-18-2009, 05:32 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,254,992 times
I did this too, try a Cuban. I had it at a café in FL, but I made it better at home. Roast Pork, Swiss cheese, ham, pickles, mustard on a sub/torpedo roll. I have Wolfgang Puck grill from HSN.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:12 AM

3,131 posts, read 10,499,278 times
we make a sandwich with grilled chicken breast, grilled onions, provolone cheese. I like to add some broccoli to my husbands and mine. the kids don't like it though! also, some bacon slices. they like ranch dressing on the inside of the bread. I use a creamy Italian for myself. grill em up! I use the pillsbury pizza crust dough for the bread. just smooth it out onto a cookie sheet and bake it a few minutes first, but not too done. make s a nice thin bread for the sandwich.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:19 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,913,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I use the pillsbury pizza crust dough for the bread. just smooth it out onto a cookie sheet and bake it a few minutes first, but not too done. make s a nice thin bread for the sandwich.
Great idea! I'm going to try that.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:41 PM
bjh

30,718 posts, read 23,780,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Mesquite smoked turkey breast, Muenster Cheese, roasted red peppers, olive tapenade, and dijon mustard works for me
That works for me too, just hold the peppers, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes