U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-04-2008, 06:43 PM

59 posts, read 87,356 times
Default pull pork recipe

Does anyone have a good recipe for pull pork?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:42 AM

9,403 posts, read 12,262,265 times
kitty, there are quite a few threads already here that discuss pulled pork at length - I will copy one here, but there is also a thread about crock pots that has pulled pork recipes (I make mine in the crock too).

Hosting a party for a bunch a REALLY Southern People

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:49 AM

3,111 posts, read 3,297,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
kitty, there are quite a few threads already here that discuss pulled pork at length - I will copy one here, but there is also a thread about crock pots that has pulled pork recipes (I make mine in the crock too).

Hosting a party for a bunch a REALLY Southern People
I LOVE pulled pork! The Bear Pit in Mission Hills makes a great pulled pork sandwich on garlic bread.:-)

Unread 09-05-2008, 09:57 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,537,902 times
The link below is for Page 146 on the "What's for Dinner" thread. There is a yummy recipe posted by Tampa Karen. I would advise saving it to your Favorites, because it's a keeper!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/food-...on#post2858849

Unread 09-05-2008, 11:09 AM

9,403 posts, read 12,262,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I LOVE pulled pork! The Bear Pit in Mission Hills makes a great pulled pork sandwich on garlic bread.:-)
Now why didn't I think of putting it on garlic bread? I usually just serve it in crusty or soft bread rolls.

If you like pulled pork, you'd love Cuban lechon - man that is some good pork!!

Unread 09-07-2008, 05:50 PM

3,111 posts, read 3,297,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Now why didn't I think of putting it on garlic bread? I usually just serve it in crusty or soft bread rolls.

If you like pulled pork, you'd love Cuban lechon - man that is some good pork!!
I love Cuban food!

Unread 09-07-2008, 11:07 PM

232 posts, read 510,702 times
I read this thread yesterday....tonight I tried it. Delicious.

I put a rack of frozen ribs on a pan and used my favorite seasonings, dropped some BBQ sauce over the top, covered tightly with foil and back at 225 for 2 hours. (Insert Homer Simpson OOOHHH here)

Thanks guys for the most tender, flavorful ribs I have ever cooked.

Unread 09-08-2008, 05:39 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,917,649 times
pulled pork bbq style [the only way]: rub pork butt with yellow mustard rub entire butt with your favorite pork type dry rub,inject with apple juice...use a 22'' weber grill with hinged cooking crates,place a tin pan with apple juice under butt in coal section of grill,add coals and apple wood chips on each side of pan,maintain 225-250 grill temp , spray or mop with apple juice every hour ,when the internal temp of meat is 190-195, remove and let sit in foil for 40 mins.then its pull time...bbq sauce on the side...Btw, it takes approx.45-60 mins. a pound.This is called inderect cooking on a weber kettle grill, the next best thing to smoking and far more better then indoor cooking!! for more details just check out any bbq sites..

Unread 09-08-2008, 09:41 AM

19,922 posts, read 6,785,284 times
You can do it in a crock pot too!

Here's my recipe for pulled pork.

Get a boneless 4 pound shoulder cut of pork from the supermarket. Don't do a thing to it. No seasoning, no spices, nothing!

Into a crock pot, slice an onion for the bottom of the pot, add the pork, put another sliced onion on the top, and then add about 12 ounces of apple juice. Set it on low and leave it for 12 hours. (I use one yellow and one purple onion - you can use whatever you like)

After 12 hours, take out the onion and put it in a bowl for later. Remove the pork and discard the liquid. Take two forks and "pull" the pork apart. It will shred pretty easily. Once it's pulled, put it back in the crockpot. Take the onions, chop them up and toss them in as well, along with a bottle of BBQ sauce - any kind you like. Stir it all together and set it on low and leave it for 4 more hours.

Well it's done - it's hog heaven! Toss it on a hamburger bun, eat it straight, put it on top of pasta, etc. It's delicious! Enjoy!

Unread 09-08-2008, 11:11 AM

8,893 posts, read 2,839,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenbacismama View Post
The link below is for Page 146 on the "What's for Dinner" thread. There is a yummy recipe posted by Tampa Karen. I would advise saving it to your Favorites, because it's a keeper!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/food-...on#post2858849
I tried Tampa Karens pulled pork, all I can say is YUM!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes