U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 12:13 PM

44 posts, read 111,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
Mayo, mustard, salt, pepper & relish. Combine with yolks by massaging a ziplock bag, snip the bottom corner & pipe into halved eggs. Quick, no cleanup & looks great piped.
This is the same recipe I use, but I like to top with Paprika and Pimientos. Sometimes I combine them in a ziploc, but you can just spoon them back into the whites. Mmmmmmm.... now I'm craving deviled eggs!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 12:16 PM

44 posts, read 111,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi66 View Post
I would love to know how/how long to cook a perfect soft boiled egg, as I love them too. So pricking the end first helps to let you know when its done because it stops running out of the shell, or ... ? Clue me in. ;-)
10 minutes of boil time makes the perfect hard-boiled egg. Once the 10 minutes are completed, then move the pan over to the sink and douse the eggs with cold facet water or put ice water into the pot and let them sit for a few minutes. Then you can peel them easier on a paper towel without burning your fingers.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:21 PM

172 posts, read 477,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoproud View Post
The first thing I do is finely crumble up the yolk with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder (tiny bit), onion powder and a little poultry seasoning.

For us, it's got to be Hellman's mayo and yellow mustard mixed into the yolk.

we use a ziplock bag to pipe the mixture into the egg halves...then sprinkle with paprika.

What the hell else ya gonna do with 30 dyed eggs, anyway?
that's funny b/c I use only Duke's mayo. I think Duke's is a Southern thing

yellow mustard
Salt
Pepper
splash of apple cider vinegar

I couldn't tell you measurements...I always eyeball it and do it to taste

Old 04-23-2009, 02:49 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,668,710 times
I use Miracle Whip (sweeter than mayo), yellow mustard, bread and butter pickle JUICE, onion powder, salt, pepper, whip it with the yokes and just spoon into the egg halves...sprinkle top with paprika and cut up some green olives with pimento to top...I've gotten tons of compliments on them.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:13 PM

337 posts, read 698,573 times
Default Something Completely different

Normal mix - Yolk, mayo/miracle whip, yellow mustard, bread and butter pickles diced up, salt/peper. Miracle whip is sweet enough you don't have to use any sugar. Zatarains or Old Bay sprinkled on top

However, I tried the something different a couple of times. Added some finely chopped crab (real crab). Amazing taste...When you can afford it...

Old 04-24-2009, 12:23 PM

9,483 posts, read 10,927,535 times
My husband's father's fourth wife's daughter is a bit....off... they threw her a baby shower and she wanted to make something, and said she made great deviled eggs. As soon as I saw them, I knew something was going to be wrong..I couldn't figure the spice she'd used on top by looking at them, but I knew it was not paprika. So me and my mom each took one & bit into them at the same time...and looked at each other in amazement at the same time... The Secret Spice Sprinkled on Top?...........Cinnamon

Old 04-24-2009, 12:37 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,003,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi66 View Post
I would love to know how/how long to cook a perfect soft boiled egg, as I love them too. So pricking the end first helps to let you know when its done because it stops running out of the shell, or ... ? Clue me in. ;-)
I bring them to a boil and let them sit - covered - for at least 20 minutes.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:46 AM

59 posts, read 126,396 times
Default Deviled Eggs

I use Miracle Whip and a teaspoon each of mustard and ketchup, salt and pepper to taste for each dozen eggs. Topping can be whatever you like... olives, bacon bits, pickles, etc.
I am really curious to try the cinnamon. Sounds OK.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:06 AM

6,351 posts, read 19,311,556 times
MAN, I love Deviled Eggs!!! Many thanks!

Old 04-25-2009, 04:23 PM

622 posts, read 1,528,126 times
I'm curious about the deviled eggs with the cinnamon too! Were they curry-spiced? I have to admit for liking curry-spiced deviled eggs if they're done well.

I made a bunch for Easter (just plain though, the way my Mom likes them) using homemade mayonnaise, which I've really gotten into making lately. I usually will only use Hellman's mayo, but in my area it's gone thru the roof price-wise so I've taken to making my own, which has actually turned out to be a great thing!

I also like making deviled eggs out of marbled eggs, but it's hard to leave a batch of marbled eggs alone long enough to make them into deviled eggs since they're so good as is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes