U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 AM
 
25,631 posts, read 30,314,036 times
Reputation: 23111

Advertisements

Are you hot tuna haters.....er wait while I ponder that..........

Ok are you using solid albacore or the other crappy chunked stuff.

LOL I changed to solid albacore 7 years ago and havent looked back. I regularly get the 7oz cans at Costco for 1.25 on sale. As matter of fact Costco is having a sale on them right now. Because it is solid when you flake it up it doubles in volumne. I absolutely hate the regular chunked crap now smells like cat food.

Ok back to your regular programming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-03-2012, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Sloooowcala Florida
1,393 posts, read 2,642,248 times
Reputation: 1200
I will have to try that one. Thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 AM
 
Location: Heading to the NW, 4 sure.
4,470 posts, read 6,822,170 times
Reputation: 8681
Default Sound good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
1 Cup Hellman's mayonnaise regular or light( I used hellman's light)
1/4 milk regualr or 1%
1/2 tsp garlic powder
10 oz cooked elbow macaroni drained
1 can (5oz) tuna in water draine dand flaked
1 cuup shredded cheddar - I used reduced fat
1 cup frozen peas thawed
1 can chopped tomatoes drained
1/2 tsp kosher salt

Pre-heat oven to 375. In a large bowl blend Hellman's mayonnise, milk and garlic powder. Stir in hot macaroni, tuna, peas and 1/2 cup of chesse. Spoon into an11X7 inch baking dish, top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and tomatoes . Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 mintes or until heated through and cheese is melted. last 10 minutes uncover and let cheese get golden brown.
I am making this for dinner tonight. My husband loves it. I have never had it so tonight will be a first for me. I love tuna fish just never had it hot in a casserole.
All of above except: hold the tomatoes...and use a really good Tuna like; Albacore chunk and 2 cans...(since them have reduced the size from 6+ oz to 5oz?).

Oh, I like a few chopped green bell pepper w/ mine...(mother used to make it that way).

Oh, and also I like it without the cheese and no noodles just creamed on biscuits or toast...?

HW works for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,682 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Reputation: 41529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
All of above except: hold the tomatoes...and use a really good Tuna like; Albacore chunk and 2 cans...(since them have reduced the size from 6+ oz to 5oz?).

Oh, I like a few chopped green bell pepper w/ mine...(mother used to make it that way).

Oh, and also I like it without the cheese and no noodles just creamed on biscuits or toast...?

HW works for me.
I use 2 cans as well. I almost think they used to be 7 oz, but I am not sure.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2012, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Islip,NY
17,470 posts, read 20,820,466 times
Reputation: 18299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Are you hot tuna haters.....er wait while I ponder that..........

Ok are you using solid albacore or the other crappy chunked stuff.

LOL I changed to solid albacore 7 years ago and havent looked back. I regularly get the 7oz cans at Costco for 1.25 on sale. As matter of fact Costco is having a sale on them right now. Because it is solid when you flake it up it doubles in volumne. I absolutely hate the regular chunked crap now smells like cat food.

Ok back to your regular programming.
I always use solid albacore, either bummble bee or starkist brand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2012, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Islip,NY
17,470 posts, read 20,820,466 times
Reputation: 18299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
All of above except: hold the tomatoes...and use a really good Tuna like; Albacore chunk and 2 cans...(since them have reduced the size from 6+ oz to 5oz?).

Oh, I like a few chopped green bell pepper w/ mine...(mother used to make it that way).

Oh, and also I like it without the cheese and no noodles just creamed on biscuits or toast...?

HW works for me.
Yes they have been a 5 oz can for a few years by me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2012, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Islip,NY
17,470 posts, read 20,820,466 times
Reputation: 18299
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I use 2 cans as well. I almost think they used to be 7 oz, but I am not sure.

Nita
They even make a 3 oz can, it's like an individual serving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2012, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,682 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Reputation: 41529
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
They even make a 3 oz can, it's like an individual serving.
and before you know it the price will be the same as it is now...Too bad we can't all become fishermen!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-03-2012, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
17,470 posts, read 20,820,466 times
Reputation: 18299
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and before you know it the price will be the same as it is now...Too bad we can't all become fishermen!!!!
Yeah LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2012, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,682 posts, read 83,258,368 times
Reputation: 41529
Default Tuna cassarole

ok guys, I know there are a million ways to make Tuna Cassarole so I would like to ask some of you: how do you make it? Do you use frozen peas or not and do you cook the noodles first? I am making it for my daughter this coming week and just thought I would check and see if everyone makes it the way I do or if there are various ways?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:24 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top