U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 10:05 AM

3,031 posts, read 8,302,576 times

Advertisements

I've been chosen to participate in a focus group tonight. This will be done differently in that the interviewers will come to my house and watch me prepare dinner.

The study is about cheese so it would be nice if I made a recipe with cheese. I'm planning on hitting the grocery store in about 2 hours and purchasing what I need, if it's not already in the house. I just made chili last night so that's out. I have a husband, 2 teenage boys and a preteen daughter to feed. It should be easy and require minimal prep work since I don't want to be spending the hour before they get here prepping. I'm open for just about anything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 10:12 AM

13,309 posts, read 21,871,280 times
Sounds like fondue would be right up your alley!

Cheese Fondue Recipe at Epicurious.com

If it seems too fussy, try somemac n cheese. My favorite recipe is using white sauce as per the instructions on the package of Wondra flour, adding grated medium white cheddar until it melts, stirring in the pasta, pouring it into the casserole, sprinkling it with buttered Panko crumbs (or bread crumbs) and baking for about 25 minutes.

If you need exact details of the recipe let me know. It's a sure-fire crowd pleaser.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:05 AM

1,269 posts, read 3,713,757 times
How did your focus group go?

Cheese boards (harvest board) are always nice and extremely easy. I always prepare one when we're having a party and it's always a big hit. I start with a big cutting board. Take a couple different types of cheese, couple different types of meats. Sometimes I'll bake bree (extremely easy to make and fun to dress up) and throw it on there or use a type of pate'. I always dress it up with whatever fruit is in season. For instance over the summer I'd pile different types of berries. Grapes are good too.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:57 AM

1,269 posts, read 3,713,757 times
Also adding a basket of crackers to go along.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 49,228 times
Default Chicken Pasta Bake.

I make this awesome very cheesy pasta bake and just recently added chicken to it and it's great.

1 8oz pkg of cream cheese
1 bag shredded cheddar
1 bag shredded mozarella
1 bag of tri color pasta (the swirly kind, not sure what it's called)
1 pkg fully cooked chicken
1 jar of Prego Spaghetti sauce
1 pkg of Broccoli, carrots & califlower medley (you can get the one that just steams in the microwave.

Preheat the Oven to 450

1. Boil the pasta til tender, drain,
2. add the cream cheese to the hot noodles, mix until fully blended
3. start adding half a bag of the mozarella and the cheddar slowly as you mix.
4. Add the spaghetti sauce and mix.
5. once all this is fully blended add the steamed veggies.
6. Add the chicken last. once mixed place in a cake 10x13 cake pan and spread evenly.
7. Sprinkle the remaing mozarella and cheddar over the top.

about 30 minutes before your guests arrive stick it in the oven on 450. in an hour it will come out all bubly, gooey and delicious. it's an easy meal that every one will love. Good Luck and have a great meeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes