U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:33 AM

3,570 posts, read 7,913,760 times

Advertisements

I'm gaining weight just sitting here thinking about cinnamon rolls! Does anyone have recipes for cinnamon rolls? Like I've mentioned in other threads, we have to begin making everything basically from scratch instead of pre-made stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 04:27 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 17,080,420 times
I have a great recipe, Hoosier. It's the favorite at our house and a secret family recipe, so don't tell anybody about it.

1) Peel back the outer wrapper on the Pillsbury can
2) Follow directions
3) Enjoy!

Sorry! Couldn't resist.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:50 PM

186,915 posts, read 76,672,357 times
Are you referring to mom's yeast cinnamon rolls? The kind that just seem to melt in your mouth while still warm out of the oven? I think the Mrs has one of those that she might share. Give me some time to coax it out of her.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:12 PM

2,398 posts, read 4,870,543 times
The Pioneer Woman Cooks! by Ree Drummond

This website has some excellent recipes. I LOVE her lasagna recipe.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:28 PM

3,570 posts, read 7,913,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1986 View Post

Great website! Easy directions with pictures, I've never seen a site like it. Sweet!

Old 10-01-2008, 07:40 PM

4,264 posts, read 8,132,380 times
I have been craving cinnamon rolls too, but I just bought this roll mix, it has a yeast packet, and the flour you add butter, eggs and water and do the kneading. Anyway I always use it as the base for my cinnamon rolls but I think my MIL has one in my cookbook from her, I have to listen to the 7 yr old read now but I will post it later.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:19 PM

4,899 posts, read 16,576,678 times
OMG!!! thank you for this site!!! bless you!!!
this is gona be fun!

Old 10-02-2008, 05:18 PM

18,255 posts, read 20,535,939 times
Quote:

Thank you for sharing this awesome site! I am on slow dial up so it took awhile for all the pictures to load but how great to see them! We are going to try these as soon as volleyball season is over with. Plan to bless our librarian, guys at our meat market, dentist office, couple that owns the local pizza place to show them how much we appreciate their services throughout the whole year!

Old 01-12-2009, 08:03 PM

823 posts, read 3,057,628 times
Quote:

Look at all the posts from places where they have been making this recipe and love it , including Adelaide, South Australia, Chile, Portugal, Israel, Rio, Great Britain, Denmark, Japan, Holland/The Netherlands, Mexico, Canada, Pakistan, Germany, Singapore.....

Many are saying they have never worked with yeast before yet they found this to be a very easy Cinnamon Roll recipe that everyone seems to love.

Someone else said: My 17 year old son made these for our local FFA show and he won Grand Champion of the entire food division!

Last edited by OneDayAttaTime; 01-12-2009 at 08:12 PM..

Old 01-13-2009, 11:40 AM

648 posts, read 1,490,456 times
here I found this one for you:

HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS
4 1/4 to 4 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 pkg. active dry yeast
1 1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. butter
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
6 tbsp. butter, softened
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 recipe Maple Nut Glaze or Powdered Sugar Glaze

Step 1: In a large mixer bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of the all-purpose flour and yeast. Heat the milk, granulated sugar, the 1/4 cup butter and salt just until mixture is warm (120 to 130 degrees) and the butter is almost melted, stirring constantly.

Step 2: Add milk mixture to flour mixture; add eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds; scrape sides of bowl constantly. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can. (Dough will be soft.) Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough (3 to 5 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball.

Step 3: Place dough in a lightly greased bowl; turn once. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double (about 1 to 1 1/2 hours). (The dough is ready for shaping when you can lightly and quickly press two fingers 1/2 inch into dough and indentation remains.)

Step 4: Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough in half; shape each half into a smooth ball. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes.

Step 5: On lightly floured surface roll half the dough to 12x8 inches. Spread with 3 tablespoons softened butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half over rectangle. Roll up from a short side. Seal edges. Make a second roll with remaining dough, butter and sugar mixture.

Step 6: Slice each dough roll into 8 pieces. Arrange slices, cut side down, in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Cover; let rise until nearly double (about 30 minutes).

Step 7: Bake rolls in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown. Invert at once onto a wire rack. Cool slightly. Drizzle rolls with Maple Nut Glaze or Powdered Sugar Glaze. Serve warm. Makes 16 rolls.

MAPLE NUT GLAZE:

In small bowl combine 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons maple syrup or 1/2 teaspoon maple extract and enough water or milk (2 to 3 teaspoons) for drizzling consistency. Stir in 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans.

POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE:

Combine 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and enough milk (about 3 to 4 teaspoons) for drizzling consistency.

FREEZING AND REHEATING:

Bake and cool rolls as directed, do not glaze. Wrap in moisture and vapor proof wrap. Seal, label, and freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat in a conventional oven, wrap frozen rolls in foil. Place in a 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until warm. Drizzle with your choice of glaze. To reheat in a microwave oven, wrap 2 of the frozen rolls in microwave-safe paper towels. Micro-cook on 100% power (high) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until warm. Drizzle with glaze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes