Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 01:44 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,186,749 times

Advertisements

GoddessofRandomThoughts good luck we did our first batch in two rounds. They held up well in the fridge overnight and in the oven (it was off but had others things on the counter tops) most of the day when we remembered to take them out of the fridge. We ended up with about 50 balls might do our next batch a little smaller to get more in one batch. We also found that we liked them better double dipped in the white chocolate as the first dipping was a very thin coating. Didn't know if it was supposed to be like that so we double dipped them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 07:24 AM

1,123 posts, read 5,332,638 times
I am so glad everyone has enjoyed making the Oreo Balls! My DD and I made 2 batches last night and they are delicious as always .

I did notice that as the white chocolate cooled a bit (but still dippable) they clung to the balls better and made a prettier candy. So on our 2nd batch, we let the white chocolate sit on the counter for about 5 min - stirring to cool - and then dipped - worked beautifully!

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:46 AM

359 posts, read 1,144,220 times
this may sound dumb, but do you crush the oreo's with the white stuff in them? since that is the only way they come right? i don't eat oreo's cuz i really don't like them, but DH does so i figured i'd give this a shot..

Old 12-15-2008, 11:27 AM

1,311 posts, read 4,681,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darling876 View Post
this may sound dumb, but do you crush the oreo's with the white stuff in them? since that is the only way they come right? i don't eat oreo's cuz i really don't like them, but DH does so i figured i'd give this a shot..
Yes. Just toss them in the food processer, put them into a bag and crush them with a rolling pin.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darling876 View Post
Also a blender might work too. You need the creamy part from the cookies and the cream cheese to make just the right consistency. If you try one, you might just become an Oreo convert !

Old 12-15-2008, 01:59 PM

79 posts, read 319,791 times
I will be trying these out this week. Thanks for posting the recipe, never heard of them before this but they sound really really good and I bet my kids would have so much fun helping me make them and eat them up!

Old 12-15-2008, 02:09 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
Thank you so much for this!

I've made two batches of the vanilla ones now I have a request for chocolate. My hands are going to have oreo remains on them for months!

These are so good!

Old 12-15-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
Thank you so much for this!

I've made two batches of the vanilla ones now I have a request for chocolate. My hands are going to have oreo remains on them for months!

These are so good!
I can think of worse things....

Old 12-15-2008, 02:17 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Hope all you people are telling the truth.
I bought all the ingredients today......4 pkgs of Oreos, etc.
On your testimony, I decided to make them for give-aways.....So I'll end up with a BIG dud if they flop (not really, I'll try just one first
But really, thanks. They do sound gooooooooood.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:24 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,681,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Hope all you people are telling the truth.
I bought all the ingredients today......4 pkgs of Oreos, etc.
On your testimony, I decided to make them for give-aways.....So I'll end up with a BIG dud if they flop (not really, I'll try just one first
But really, thanks. They do sound gooooooooood.
No teasing...these things are awesome! This is my second batch this year already, and I have the makings for one more. yum! I tried some green and red sprinkles on top this time, since they're for giving away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes