U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 10:24 AM

24 posts, read 64,052 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a recipe my mom made many many years ago. It had crushed saltine crackers and chocolate chips and when they were cooked they were white and the outside melted in your mouth and the inside was chewy. Sound familiar to anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 10:37 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,186,919 times
Not familiar with your mom's recipes(?)but sounds like something Nabisco would put out.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:02 AM

1,123 posts, read 4,796,798 times
I found this on the web - another recipe had choco chips

SALTINE CRACKER COOKIES
Printed from COOKS.COM

Saltine crackers
2 sticks butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 pkg. butterscotch chips

Layer a greased cookie sheet with saltine crackers. Boil 2 sticks butter and 1 cup brown sugar on low for 5 minutes; pour over crackers evenly. Put in 400 degree oven for 5 minutes, then put a package of butterscotch chips on. Press evenly until oil is melted. Cool and break into pieces.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:43 PM

24 posts, read 64,052 times
I found it! I ran across all the cover your cookie sheet ones but the ones I remember were single cookies. I just found this one and cooked it to be sure and it's the right one!! Ya'll should totally try it!

preheat oven to 300 deg
beat 2 egg whites until foamy
add 1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2/3 cup sugar
when mixture is stiff, add (you can fold this in or I just threw it in the mixer)
3 tbsp crushed saltine crackers
2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
drop on greased cookie sheet (they get bigger by about 30% so don't put them too close)
bake 20 min
cool
store tightly covered

Old 12-20-2008, 12:05 AM

424 posts, read 1,508,067 times
Default Here is another saltines cookie recipe

Cookies 405 (Macadamia Macaroons)

2 cups shredded coconut
1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts, chopped
1 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
20 saltine crackers, finely crushed
2 egg whites
vegetable oil cooking spray
6 ounces (or squares) semisweet chocolate, chopped and melted

Place coconut and nuts on a 15- x 10- x 1-inch baking pan. Bake at 350F until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool. In large bowl, combine milk and vanilla. Stir in coconut mixture and crushed crackers; blend well. Beat egg whites until stiff, and then gently fold into coconut mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden around edges. Cool completely. When cool, dip cookie bottoms into melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper. Refrigerate until set.

VARIATIONS: Use almonds, Brazil nuts, or other chopped nuts. Use bittersweet chocolate for dipping.

Yields 36 cookies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or