Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:32 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times

Advertisements

the bread and salad are the easy parts, and maybe hot fudge sundaes for dessert!! gosh, I should make this for MYSELF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
s: don't be nervous. 1 rule of thumb concerning the chicken parm. Keep your chicken pieces uniform in size. If your cutlets are thick, slice them in 1/2, put the pieces in plastic wrap and pound to 1/8" thin. Dip in egg mixed with milk and s/p, Italian seasoned bread crumbs or panko. Cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for 1 hr. so the breading sticks to the chicken. Fry lightly in oo about 2 mins. on ea. side. Preheat oven to 350, put sauce on the bottom of your pan, cutlets, add minced garlic & top with mozzerella and Pecorino Romano cheese, add more sauce cover with foil, bake 45-60 mins.

*NOTE: put a tray of water on bottom rack to steam and moisten the bottom of the chicken cutlets. Delicious.

Serve with a side of spaghetti, tossed salad and crusty Italian bread.

Relax and enjoy your great dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 10:59 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
ok, so I'm going to cook dinner for a new guy, I am a good cook, however, cooking for someone new always makes me nervous! He mentioned he liked pasta. Does anyone know a nice, simple pasta recipe I could try? Prefer linguine or bow-tie pasta if possible! thanks!! (maybe something with chicken?)
If you invite a man you just started dating over for dinner, make sure you invite a girl friend over, too. Turn it into a dinner party, so that he knows he has to go home afterwards. You want to make it clear that YOU are not on the menu.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:01 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
who says I want him to go home? ha! ha! kidding! but I'm a big girl, I can handle myself. We'll have gone out a few times before this dinner happens anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
If you invite a man you just started dating over for dinner, make sure you invite a girl friend over, too. Turn it into a dinner party, so that he knows he has to go home afterwards.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:22 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Dice and crisp up some pancetta in olive oil, add sun-dried tomatoes and chopped oil-cured black olives, add white wine/chicken stock to make a sauce, maybe some red-pepper flake and/or herbs, serve over pasta of choice with grated reggiano.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes