Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:11 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,209 times

Advertisements

I use Robosto italian dressing on my boneless chicken breast just seanson like you would add the dressing enought to coat put it in a pan with a lid on mediam flame and the chicken comes out juice on dry.... (its important to keep the lid on while cooking if not it will dry out)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 07:12 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,710,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
Caesar Dressing mixed with heavy whipping cream makes the MOST decadent sauce to cook with.

I like to cook boneless skinless chicken breasts in a pan until they are almost done, seasoned with salt and pepper. In another pan cook your veggies all the way through, I use mushrooms, onion, yellow & red pepper.

Add the veggies to the almost done chicken & pour in the caesar/cream mixture & let it all cook together in the same pan until the chicken is done, heaven on earth.
OMG. I made this today. I couldn't help it, it sounded SO good. and it WAS!!! I thinly sliced chicken breast and mixed with some wine & garlic seasoning I had and some olive oil. added to a hot cast iron pan that already had a tiny bit of olive oil in it (got it yesterday! woohoo!). diced some onion, added it. threw in some frozen pepper strips. mixed some garlic Caesar dressing w/ some heavy cream. Added it. simmered while making the pasta. mixed in the pasta and ate my little bit of heaven.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,675,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
When I do fish in the foil packets for the grill, I pour Russian or Catalina dressing over the fish before sealing the foil.

Then there's always those cocktail meatballs in the crock pot that seem to disappear in seconds as soon as I put them on the hot table. That's a simple recipe: brown off your favorite cocktail sized meatballs (I make my own), dump them in a crock pot, then add a couple of large jars of grape jelly and a large bottle of Russian dressing. Stir, cover and cook all day on low.
Now I am going to have to try this just because the jelly and dressing do not seem to go together.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:50 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,838 times
Nicole! I'm so glad you liked it! Play around with the mixture, you can shred some cooked chicken & let it sit in the Caesar/cream mixture & then spoon it into crescent rolls & bake them for an easy appetizer.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Nicole! I'm so glad you liked it! Play around with the mixture, you can shred some cooked chicken & let it sit in the Caesar/cream mixture & then spoon it into crescent rolls & bake them for an easy appetizer.
WHY do you hate me, lol? you're trying to get me fatter! Now I'll have to try this. thanks.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:01 AM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,838 times
LOL Nicole, think of them like mini hot pockets. The key is not to make the mixture so goopy that it makes the dough soggy. You can always have a small bowl of the caesar/cream mixture in the middle of your serving tray for extra dipping if you want that extra kick.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
LOL Nicole, think of them like mini hot pockets. The key is not to make the mixture so goopy that it makes the dough soggy. You can always have a small bowl of the caesar/cream mixture in the middle of your serving tray for extra dipping if you want that extra kick.
Can we please ban bluesky before he/she makes me so fat I can't get in the door? Anyone???

Old 01-22-2009, 07:15 PM

424 posts, read 1,675,959 times
Default Chuck steak

I like to marinate chuck steak in bottled Italian dressing to which I've added a little Worcestershire sauce, a little extra vinegar, and maybe some garlic and extra oregano, basil, and thyme...leave it in the fridge overnight...then grill the meat. It tenderizes the meat nicely and makes a very flavorful grilled meat.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:45 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,670,647 times
^^ That sounds very good. I've made something similar but will have to try your version sometime.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:38 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Salt and pepper your ground beef and add one tablespoon of bleu cheese dressing to each patty for blue cheese burgers. You can also add some crumbled blue cheese for some extra chunk.

You can also add it to your meatloaf.

Really yummy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes