Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 08:22 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times

Advertisements

I think this is it:

Italian Bread Ring Recipe » Yankee Magazine

Gentlearts, you can find the Naan bread pizzas in the frozen food section of Indian grocery stores. Here in the Bay Area Indian restaurants have them on the menu as they are so much better fresh with Indian spices and chopped veggies, but chicken also works for me:

http://picturetherecipe.com/index.ph...n-tikka-pizza/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 02:56 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
I think this is it:

Italian Bread Ring Recipe » Yankee Magazine

Gentlearts, you can find the Naan bread pizzas in the frozen food section of Indian grocery stores. Here in the Bay Area Indian restaurants have them on the menu as they are so much better fresh with Indian spices and chopped veggies, but chicken also works for me:

Indian Naan Chicken Tikka Pizza | Picture the Recipe
I wish there was a picture. Pizza bread isn't so much a ring but more like a fluffier version of a pita, maybe 9"-10" in diameter with a 3/4"-1" hole in the center.

Anyone know what the key is to a flat bread developing a pocket during baking?

There's a bakery in my area run by former New Yorkers, I'm trying to line up enough people to go in and ask for pizza bread that they might start making it.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:11 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Here are some with photos:

Journey of an Italian Cook: Taralli (Fennel Bread Rings)

Breads of Italy: Panis Farreus, 100% Einkorn Ring

Old 09-18-2014, 02:59 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
They look interesting, I love trying different kinds of breads, but pizza bread is much flatter and has a pocket. I think it's a North Newark NJ thing but pizza bread is used to make a double Italian hot dog. You take half a loaf, open the pocket, and fill with 2 fried hot dogs, peppers & onions, fried potatoes, and dressed with yellow mustard and ketchup. It can probably also be called your cardiologist's next Ferrari payment.

I tried searching for pix but the only returns I get are recipes for making pizza from bread.

Old 02-23-2024, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 180 times
Default Pizza bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
Thanks all, the guys in the NJ Forum found it. FYI, it looks like this and called "pizza bread".......

[URL="http://www.calandrabakery.com/subs.html"]Fresh From Calandra's[/URL]
I forgot what it was called until I came here. I never forgot about this bread we used to get on the way home from the swimming pool nor did I forgot the wonderful aroma as it was being baked. I Wondered if this was a local item and if I was the only person that remembered this. Is this still being baked or has it fallen from fashion.

Old 02-23-2024, 02:21 PM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Anyone know what the key is to a flat bread developing a pocket during baking?
You sear one side on a hot pan in the oven, then flip and sear the other side.
That makes the outsides impermeable, trapping the steam inside to form the pocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes