U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:15 PM

2,177 posts, read 3,168,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
You will be addicted!!!!!
I will let you know for sure, its being prepared now!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 09:16 PM

424 posts, read 1,508,270 times
1. If you can make some boiled custard, you can serve that alone, with canned or fresh fruit. over pound cake (which can be bought or prepared ahead and will keep for quite a bit), of a combination of the above.
2. Again, with the leftover pound cake, especially if it starts to go stale...just butter and toast it...then serve as is or topped with the custard and fruit.
3. You can use dinner breads to make simple bread pudding...add some raisins, coconut, vanilla, etc. Oh, and DON'T use garlic bread.
4. Make some fruit salads that can also double as desserts.
5. Baked apples and pears are pretty easy to do...same with broiled peaches. Canned fruit works for these.
6. Use leftover rice to make a stovetop or baked rice pudding.
7. Make stewed fruit (apples, prunes, raisins, spices, liquor) that can be used as a filling/stuffing for some roasts but can also be resurrected later as a dessert, plain or served with whipped cream, custard, or over waffles.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:09 PM

9,718 posts, read 5,757,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Chocolate Lasagne.

1 box choc cake mix in 9x13 pan, cooled and cut in chunks and halved.
Large glass trifle bowl.
Layer cake, layer chocolate pudding, layer cool whip, layer crushed KitKats.
Repeat to top of bowl.
Cool whip on top with crushed Kit Kats.

Serve with a big spoon.
OMG I LOVE Kit Kats. Thanks

Old 02-10-2009, 10:47 PM

7,363 posts, read 12,898,157 times
Get a can of fruit cocktail. Drain the juice out and rinse the fruit. Then add any other fruit you may want. Then pour a box of sugar free Jello vanilla pudding. Just the powder. As you stir it in, there is enough moisture in the fruit to mix the pudding. Put it in the fridge for maybe a half hour, long enough for the pudding to set. It's good!! My ex wife got this recipe out of a cook book for diabetics, but it's good and tasty for anybody. And it's quick and simple, just like you said you're looking for! lol

Old 02-11-2009, 08:34 AM

Again thanks for the suggestions here. Some really good suggestions!!! Much appreciated.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:45 AM

11,003 posts, read 17,492,650 times
How'd you like your chocolate lasagna?

My husband's other favorite dessert, besides brownies/ice cream/hot fudge, would be warm chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:58 AM

13,782 posts, read 18,694,469 times
Default How does this sound ?

[SIZE=4]

A recipe for the popular Coca-Cola cake, made with Coca-Cola and buttermilk and mini marshmallows.
Ingredients:
2 cups self-rising flour
2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup Coca-Cola
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
1 tablespoon cocoa
6 tablespoons Coca-Cola
1 box confectioner's sugar, (1pound)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preparation:
Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch pan and set aside.
In a large bowl combine flour and sugar. In a saucpan combine the cocoa, Coca-Cola, butter, and marshmallows; bring to a boil. Combine the boiled mixture with the flour and sugar mixture.

In a separate bowl mix eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla; add to the first mixture. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, until cake tests done.

Frosting: In a saucepan, bring butter, cocoa, and Coca-Cola to a boil. Stir in the sugar and mix well. Stir in nuts. Spread over the cake while both cake and frosting are still warm.
Serves about 16.

PETITE CHERRY CHEESE
2 8-oz pkgs. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
24 vanilla wafers
1 can cherry pie filling
Beat creama cheese, sugar, eggs, lemon juice & vanilla until light and fluffy. Line muffin tins with paper cups; place a vanilla wafer in bottom of each. Fill the cups 3/4 full of cream cheese mixture. Bake at 375 for 15-20 min, or until set. Top each with about 1 TB. pie filling and chill ... Makes 24

[/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 02-11-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
How'd you like your chocolate lasagna?

My husband's other favorite dessert, besides brownies/ice cream/hot fudge, would be warm chocolate chip cookies, fresh from the oven.
It was really good!! And pretty easy to make, my clients here in a couple months will be having that recipe for desert for sure!!

Thanks!!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 06:55 PM

10,887 posts, read 9,868,429 times
Buttermilk Pie!!! I have a recipe "somewhere" where all you have to do is pour everything into a blender, and then pour into pie shells. If you've never had buttermilk pie, it is to die for!!! Similar to a Chess pie. If you're interested, you can google it, or I can try to find it for you. (I'm betting you can google it quicker!)

Old 02-11-2009, 10:59 PM

3,368 posts, read 10,487,014 times
One of the most simple desserts I know how to make is berries in a balsamic reduction over ice cream. Coat a pan with balsamic vinager and reduce it for about five minutes. Put some blackberries (or other kind of berries) in it and stir for a minute or two. Pour this hot mixture over vanilla ice cream or sorbet and top with some dark chocolate. It will be done in under 10 minutes, start to finish, and it has been a crowd pleaser for guests at my apartment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or