U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2009, 06:04 AM

1,153 posts, read 3,118,622 times

Advertisements

Looking to make a breakfast recipe that can be utilized with a mini muffin pan........something like a mini quiche?......thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 09:36 AM

424 posts, read 1,508,177 times
Default Here's one...

Cut some rounds from sliced bread that will fit the bottom of each muffin well. Toast the rounds and put them in the bottom of each (greased) muffin well. Cook some bacon and line the outer edges of each well with it...it helps if the bacon is NOT crispy...trim the bacon in length or width if necessary. Crack a quail egg into each muffin well...sprinkle some chives, tarragon, parsley, paprika, etc. on top and bake in the oven until the eggs are set to the degree of doneness desired. Remove the cooked items from the pan and serve as is or with a sauce of some sort.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:35 AM

1,145 posts, read 1,905,304 times
These are good. I've made them two ways, one with bacon and one with ham. I've never tried them plain like the recipe. I didn't think I would like the cracker on the bottom, but you don't really notice/taste once the egg cooks around it.

Mini Onion Quiches Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

Old 03-06-2009, 07:25 PM

3,131 posts, read 10,481,953 times
I saw a recipe in the south beach diet book for mini quiche breakfasts. I don't recall them having any bread in them. just the eggs with some broc, and low fat shredded cheese.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:30 PM

10,732 posts, read 31,722,796 times
I saw one time where a person was taking a basic muffin recipe, you put half of it in, then put in your filling, say for example some bacon and maple syrup, then put in the rest of the filling. The muffins come out like they are stuffed. You can let your mind run wild with the posibilities, such as peanut butter and jelly in the middle, peachs and cream, strawberries and chocolate, cheese and sausage.

One of my favorites was a corn muffin with chili and cheese inside, a meal in a muffin.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:43 AM

5,683 posts, read 9,110,292 times
This is something that we've done as an appetizer or party nibble, but it would certainly work for breakfast as well. A friend of mine includes them for her Christmas morning buffet, in fact, and her family loves them.

Sausage Cheese Biscuits

2 cans buttermilk biscuits – regular size, not Grands, the variety that comes 10 per can
2 1/2 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese
1 pound hot sausage, cooked and drained
2 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
Salt & pepper if desired

Preheat oven to 325.

Lightly grease muffin tin (the recipe calls for using a full-size muffin tin, but I like the way it comes out with the mini-muffins better). Divide each biscuit in half, and line each muffin cup with biscuit, pressing it in to create a small well.

Mix remaining ingredients together. Place 1 tablespoon of mixture on each biscuit, tamping down if necessary. Bake at 325 for 25 minutes.

This freezes well. To serve after freezing, thaw, cover with aluminum foil, and warm in a slow oven.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:26 PM

3,872 posts, read 7,757,895 times
I've been meaning to try these for my husband's breakfast:

Kalyn's Kitchen: Cottage Cheese and Egg Breakfast Muffins with Mushrooms and Feta Cheese

Kalyn's Kitchen: Recipe Favorites: Egg Muffins Revisited, Again

http://www.sugarlaws.com/mini-spinach-frittatas

http://closetcooking.blogspot.com/20...-with-ham.html

Old 03-21-2009, 04:27 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,344,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I saw a recipe in the south beach diet book for mini quiche breakfasts. I don't recall them having any bread in them. just the eggs with some broc, and low fat shredded cheese.
I make these occasionally with just beaten eggs and whatever I have in the fridge, ham and swiss cheese with broccoli is really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or