U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:15 AM

4,723 posts, read 13,895,196 times

Advertisements

Thanks Maggiekat, Asparagus is a great idea and having something green couldnt hurt. I will ask my sister to bring some and have them cooked and all ready. With lemon and dill they can be served room temp ( I think we will have enough cheese in the quiche and casserole). The Swedish Pancakes are a tradition and the ONLY thing my husband makes. Old recipe of his "Mor Mor" from, yes,Sweden . He makes them the day before, adds lingonberries then rolls them, covered in fridge,and we just warm them up for Easter.
Thanks for all the ideas,hope you have a great Holiday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 05:34 PM

15,320 posts, read 27,464,801 times
Any tried and true recipes for Easter that anyone cares to share?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:15 AM

17,470 posts, read 20,820,466 times
Little Brioches:
2 pkgs active dry yeast
1/4 luke warm water
3/4 cup milk scalded
3 sticks butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
6 1/2 cups sifted flour.
5 eggs

Sprinkle yeast into very warm water (105-115 degrees F) and 1 tsp sugar and let stand for 5 minutes.stir until dissolved. In a bowl pour hot milk over sugar, butter and salt, stir and let cool to lukewarm. Add 2 cups of flour and beat well. Add Yeast and beat again. Cover and let rise until bubbly (about 1 hour) Stir down and add 4 eggs, beat well. Add the rest of the flour to make a soft sough. Turn out onto a floured board or countertop and knead until smooth and satiny. Put into a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours. Punch down and divide dough into 20 pieces. From each piece cut a small piece. Shape large pieces into balls (about the size of a tennis ball) and place in greased 2 3/4 inch muffin cups. Make an inentation in the center of each large ball by pressing tih your thumb. Press small balls into indentations. Secure them with a toothpick in the center. Let rise again until doubled (45 minutes) Mix 1 egg with Tbsp water and brush each muffin, Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. To freeze , wrap them in foil. You can re-heat them wrapped in foil on 300 degrees.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:38 PM

25,906 posts, read 36,199,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
Chocolate bunny (solid)

Black & red jelly beans

Bottle of Merlot
I know this post is old, but I am browsing for Easter recipes and it cracked me up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes