Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:22 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
smoky, do you want a factor for recipes of 6-8 adults for each recipe, or would you like them to be for 30, 50, or larger. just let me know and i will post them. sorry for not responding before now. thank you for the interest. kc
Wow, options?!?! Whatever is easy for you kc, I wouldn't mind having the recipe for a small amount or the larger in case I take them to work. Thanks for the offer!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 07:04 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Jaxson I just wanted to thank you and your DD for this wonderful recipe. I made these muffins over the weekend and took them to a housewarming/covered dish party. There were over 80 people there and you DD's muffins got rave reviews and multiple requests for the recipe.

I told them all that it was a friend's daughter's recipe and that she won a Blue Ribbon for them. I was so proud of her.

Thanks again for sharing. They were yummy!!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:22 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
Thanks for making this thread pop-up to the top again. Somehow I missed it the first go-round. My DH loves pecans, so I'd like to bake these muffins and surprise him. Do I use self-rising or plain flour?

Old 08-18-2009, 02:31 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,518,581 times
These sound great! Thank you for sharing.

question.....if you make then full size what is the baking time? TIA

Old 08-18-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Thanks for making this thread pop-up to the top again. Somehow I missed it the first go-round. My DH loves pecans, so I'd like to bake these muffins and surprise him. Do I use self-rising or plain flour?

I used all purpose flour and they were really good. I wonder if self rising might be better? Hmm. Now you got me thinking, lol.

Jaxson where are you when we need you, lol?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:25 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Jaxson I just wanted to thank you and your DD for this wonderful recipe. I made these muffins over the weekend and took them to a housewarming/covered dish party. There were over 80 people there and you DD's muffins got rave reviews and multiple requests for the recipe.

I told them all that it was a friend's daughter's recipe and that she won a Blue Ribbon for them. I was so proud of her.

Thanks again for sharing. They were yummy!!
Thanks I told DD she got the biggest grin on her face that you told people she got a blue ribbon!

Quote:
I use all purpose flour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
These sound great! Thank you for sharing.

question.....if you make then full size what is the baking time? TIA
Regular size 20-25 minutes
Mini size 15-20 minutes

It depends on how your oven is I just keep a close eye on them. Let us know if you liked them!

Old 08-20-2009, 05:21 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,802,810 times
Okay, YUM, I must try these!!! I am drooling already!

Jaxson, I had one question for ya, or anyone else that's already baked these, how many does this recipe make?

# of Regular Muffins?

# of Mini Muffins?

Thanks for sharing and be sure to tell your talented daughter thanks, too!

Old 08-20-2009, 05:47 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,601,624 times
Jaxson, I just wanted to write back to say many thanks to you and your DD for sharing this wonderful recipe. I made 23 regular sized muffins a couple of days ago. The recipe would have made 24 muffins, but thanks to pasturized eggs, I just had to sample the batter before cooking . I understand why your DD got two blue ribbons for this recipe. They are definitely a winner and delicious! They're on the buffet in the kitchen taunting me as I write. I know they will taste wonderful with my morning coffee. And, I'm already dreaming about making them in the future with black walnuts or macadamia nuts. Thanks again!

Last edited by TampaKaren; 08-20-2009 at 05:58 AM..

Old 08-20-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post

Jaxson, I had one question for ya, or anyone else that's already baked these, how many does this recipe make?

# of Regular Muffins?

# of Mini Muffins?

I got between 60 and 65 mini muffins from the recipe.(I'm not sure exactly becasue I ate a couple right away, lol)

Old 08-20-2009, 01:37 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
Quote:
Jaxson, I just wanted to write back to say many thanks to you and your DD for sharing this wonderful recipe. I made 23 regular sized muffins a couple of days ago. The recipe would have made 24 muffins, but thanks to pasturized eggs, I just had to sample the batter before cooking . I understand why your DD got two blue ribbons for this recipe. They are definitely a winner and delicious! They're on the buffet in the kitchen taunting me as I write. I know they will taste wonderful with my morning coffee. And, I'm already dreaming about making them in the future with black walnuts or macadamia nuts. Thanks again!
Thank you I will tell DD when she gets home from school. Let us know how they turn out with the other nuts please macadmia sounds really good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post

# of Regular Muffins?

# of Mini Muffins?

Regular about 24
Mini about 65

But like YLisa said it is hard to keep count when you don't keep count how many are popping into your mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I got between 60 and 65 mini muffins from the recipe.(I'm not sure exactly becasue I ate a couple right away, lol)
I know huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes