U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 08:25 AM

20,517 posts, read 26,391,231 times

Advertisements

I have had a request to bring these wonderful muffins to Christmas dinner. They are so good. For those who haven't tried them you should
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 09:15 AM

4,196 posts, read 5,252,141 times
Man they sound so good!!

Old 12-08-2010, 09:46 AM

8,039 posts, read 3,967,041 times
Lisa did you buy them or do you have a recipe? They sound so good.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:15 AM

1,037 posts, read 2,499,425 times
^The blue ribbon winning recipe on page one

Pecan Pie Muffins
2 c. Brown sugar, packed
1 c. Flour
2 c. Pecans, chopped
1 1/3 c. butter, melted
4 lg Eggs, beaten

Combine brown sugar, flour & pecans; set aside.
Combine butter & eggs; mix well. Stir in flour mixture until moistened.
Fill mini muffin cups 2/3 full.
Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes or until done.
Remove from pans & cool on wire racks.

If you don't remove them from the pan they get cement hard once the sugar cools. These were a blue ribbon & state fair entry winner at our county fair for my DD. Enjoy~

Had a request to put this in the recipe section so hope you try them out.

These look so good!

Courtney

Old 12-08-2010, 01:38 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,613,654 times
these muffins are SOOOOO addictive!!
And the second day they are even better!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2010, 03:33 PM

8,039 posts, read 3,967,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I have had a request to bring these wonderful muffins to Christmas dinner. They are so good. For those who haven't tried them you should
Thanks Lisa for letting me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky42day View Post
^The blue ribbon winning recipe on page one

Pecan Pie Muffins
2 c. Brown sugar, packed
1 c. Flour
2 c. Pecans, chopped
1 1/3 c. butter, melted
4 lg Eggs, beaten

Combine brown sugar, flour & pecans; set aside.
Combine butter & eggs; mix well. Stir in flour mixture until moistened.
Fill mini muffin cups 2/3 full.
Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes or until done.
Remove from pans & cool on wire racks.

If you don't remove them from the pan they get cement hard once the sugar cools. These were a blue ribbon & state fair entry winner at our county fair for my DD. Enjoy~

Had a request to put this in the recipe section so hope you try them out.

These look so good!

Courtney
OMigosh I cannot wait to try these they sound so decadant.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:56 AM

6,848 posts, read 10,145,614 times
Okay... a confession to make here... after so many raving reviews of these muffins when this recipe was posted... I wasted no time in trying to make these myself... and attempted to do so... twice, mind you... and both times turned into complete fiasco's! I was sooo disappointed!

I didn't have the nerve to post my results then because
EVERYONE here didn't seem to have any issues whatsoever in getting these done right... so what in the heck to you think caused the problems I had?!?

I swear I followed the recipe to a "tee" both times. The first batch, cooked at the 350 degree temperature stated in the recipe... and the right amount of time 15-20 minutes... in a well-buttered pan... were hard as rocks and pretty much burnt coming right out of the oven and completely inedible because of the burnt taste... the whole batch went in the garbage. And, it took me forever to pry those suckers out of the pan... though they did come out in one piece as a muffin should... but geez, it took me hour(s) to get the muffin pan clean again... even with allowing it to soak in hot soapy water.

I'm a darn good cook... and an even better baker... so this was a complete surprise and such a disappointment for me!
But, I was determined to get these made (they sounded sooo good!), so I started right in making another batch.

The only thing I could figure was wrong the first time was that my oven must be much hotter than EVERYONE else's on this forum (darn all of you!!! )! So I adjusted the oven temp down about 25 degrees and put the mix in the well-buttered pan again. I was determined these little buggars weren't going to burn this time, so I kept a watchful eye on them and when they looked done this time, I took them out of the oven... and proceeded to "try" to get them out of the muffin pan... only to find this time... they did NOT come out as muffins... only crumbs. I mean, not one came out whole!!! But, these crumbs were well cooked AND absolutely delicious... but not muffins as they were supposed to be!!! Geez! Not to be outdone, I still put these crumbs into little muffin cups and added it to the spinach quiche and fruit plates I'd already made up to deliver to our church shut-ins. Now, all of these people said they loved them, too!

But still, they weren't the muffins they were supposed to be. And, since EVERYONE else here seems to have had no problems in making these... please, please tell me what I need to do to be able to make 'em for Christmas... i.e., little muffins perfectly cooked that come out of the pan!

All helpful hints appreciated! Thnx All!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-09-2010 at 02:19 AM..

Old 12-09-2010, 05:45 PM

8,004 posts, read 10,048,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
Okay... a confession to make here... after so many raving reviews of these muffins when this recipe was posted... I wasted no time in trying to make these myself... and attempted to do so... twice, mind you... and both times turned into complete fiasco's! I was sooo disappointed!

I didn't have the nerve to post my results then because EVERYONE here didn't seem to have any issues whatsoever in getting these done right... so what in the heck to you think caused the problems I had?!?

I swear I followed the recipe to a "tee" both times. The first batch, cooked at the 350 degree temperature stated in the recipe... and the right amount of time 15-20 minutes... in a well-buttered pan... were hard as rocks and pretty much burnt coming right out of the oven and completely inedible because of the burnt taste... the whole batch went in the garbage. And, it took me forever to pry those suckers out of the pan... though they did come out in one piece as a muffin should... but geez, it took me hour(s) to get the muffin pan clean again... even with allowing it to soak in hot soapy water.

I'm a darn good cook... and an even better baker... so this was a complete surprise and such a disappointment for me! But, I was determined to get these made (they sounded sooo good!), so I started right in making another batch.

The only thing I could figure was wrong the first time was that my oven must be much hotter than EVERYONE else's on this forum (darn all of you!!! )! So I adjusted the oven temp down about 25 degrees and put the mix in the well-buttered pan again. I was determined these little buggars weren't going to burn this time, so I kept a watchful eye on them and when they looked done this time, I took them out of the oven... and proceeded to "try" to get them out of the muffin pan... only to find this time... they did NOT come out as muffins... only crumbs. I mean, not one came out whole!!! But, these crumbs were well cooked AND absolutely delicious... but not muffins as they were supposed to be!!! Geez! Not to be outdone, I still put these crumbs into little muffin cups and added it to the spinach quiche and fruit plates I'd already made up to deliver to our church shut-ins. Now, all of these people said they loved them, too!

But still, they weren't the muffins they were supposed to be. And, since EVERYONE else here seems to have had no problems in making these... please, please tell me what I need to do to be able to make 'em for Christmas... i.e., little muffins perfectly cooked that come out of the pan!

All helpful hints appreciated! Thnx All!
In confess, I haven't made these yet, but to be honest with you, after reading the ingredients and instructions which call for removing from pans right away...lest they turn to cement, I would never attempt to bake them without using "baking spray". Of course, I use it for ALL of my baking. When I bake, I bake a LOT...I don't mess around. I need to be able to slap those pans in the sink and get them clean FAST, get them dried fast, sprayed for the next batch, etc. I hate wasting time oiling or greasing pans. LOL They make sprays especially designed for baking and that spray is definitely one of my splurges. It's worth it!

Old 12-10-2010, 01:08 AM

6,848 posts, read 10,145,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
In confess, I haven't made these yet, but to be honest with you, after reading the ingredients and instructions which call for removing from pans right away...lest they turn to cement, I would never attempt to bake them without using "baking spray". Of course, I use it for ALL of my baking. When I bake, I bake a LOT...I don't mess around. I need to be able to slap those pans in the sink and get them clean FAST, get them dried fast, sprayed for the next batch, etc. I hate wasting time oiling or greasing pans. LOL They make sprays especially designed for baking and that spray is definitely one of my splurges. It's worth it!
Thnx for the reply, beachmel. I have the spray... just have always preferred buttering my non-stick pans instead (yep, I even used my non-stick pan for these) and have never had any issues before... but I guess I need to try it the next time IF I ever get the nerve up to try these again.

You know, looking the recipe over, it doesn't say anything about doing anything to the pan. Hmmm... sure hope someone pipes in that has made these successfully! Please

Old 12-10-2010, 05:26 PM

18,270 posts, read 20,599,701 times
BstYet2BeI'm sorry you are having trouble with this recipe. First of all I wouldn't butter your pans that is probably why you are getting the burnt texture and taste. Test your oven maybe it is running hotter than most if so turn down your temp. Be sure to cool the muffins in the pans on cooling racks once cooled then remove them. If you remove them while still hot they will just crumble, wait to long and they will set up like cement. I do put the muffins on the cooling racks to let them fully cool down. Once removed immediately put the pans in hot soapy water.

Try these steps and see if you are successful I hope you are because they are fabulous muffins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes