Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 06:39 PM

31 posts, read 77,521 times

Advertisements

I dont really eat red meat and I dont like red sauce (i know I am way too picky), so when I ran across this recipe in one of my moms southern living cookbooks I decided to try it. Wow!! Sooooo good. Just wanted to share it. I am def keeping this forever.

White Spaghetti and Meatballs
Ingredients
· 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into chunks
· 1 large garlic clove
· 1 large egg
· 10 saltine crackers, finely crushed
· 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
· Vegetable cooking spray
· 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
· 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 1 teaspoon olive oil
· 1 large garlic clove, minced
· 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 1/2 cup dry white wine
· 3 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
· 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
· 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
· 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
· 1 (8-ounce) package spaghetti
Preparation
Process chicken and garlic clove in a food processor until ground.
Stir together chicken mixture, egg, and next 2 ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill 20 minutes.
Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place a rack coated with cooking spray in an aluminum foil-lined broiling pan. Arrange meatballs on rack; lightly spray meatballs with cooking spray.
Bake at 375° for 13 minutes or until golden and thoroughly cooked.
Sauté mushrooms and nutmeg in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add minced garlic; sauté 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned particles from bottom of pan. Whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Add cream cheese, whisking until smooth and sauce is thickened.
Add meatballs, red pepper, and parsley to sauce; simmer 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions omitting salt and oil; drain. Serve sauce with meatballs over pasta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 04:59 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,744,874 times
That recipe sounds yummy...I'm going to try it!! Thanks for posting!

Old 07-02-2009, 07:25 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,223,727 times
This does sound good, count me in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes