U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 10:36 AM

1,151 posts, read 3,098,887 times

Advertisements

Mix together:

1 12oz can 7-up like soda (sprite, etc)
1 12 oz can frozen lime concentrate (in the freezer by the frozen O.J.)
1 12oz of any brand tequila
1 12oz bottle of Corona beer, YES beer!

Rim the glass w/Kosher salt

When mixed, either chill (very cold) or freeze, add ice as you like, serve either over the rocks or frozen, try it!

***WARNING!!!***

DO NOT mix all ingredients in the blender at the same time, trust me, you'll have a sticky blender and countertop for days.

I blend the frozen can lime concentrate in the blender, pour it in a punch bowl then add and mix the remaining ingredients. Serves 4-6 lushes.

The beer in the recipe at first kinda threw me off, but it balances out the sweetness of the Sprite and the tartness of the lime very well.

Try it and lemme know. Oh, and please add your own recipes to this thread.

Cheers!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 10:40 AM

3,161 posts, read 8,076,397 times
My favorite margarita is on the rocks with salt. I use 3 parts tequila, 2 parts Cointreau, one part lime juice. Shake with ice and pour over ice (makes 2 drinks).

Old 04-17-2007, 10:43 AM

Yep, that one is a classic.

Nice and simple.

Thanks mels!!

Old 04-17-2007, 01:28 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,165,622 times
I prefer a very good quality tequila. It can make a world of difference. My personal fave is Cabo Wabo. So smooth it can make a killer rita and not be bitter. I love Chambord margarita's along w/ the ones w/ Triple Sec and whatever else I keep in stock that my personal bartender uses to make the most AWESOME margarita's.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I prefer a very good quality tequila. It can make a world of difference. My personal fave is Cabo Wabo. So smooth it can make a killer rita and not be bitter. I love Chambord margarita's along w/ the ones w/ Triple Sec and whatever else I keep in stock that my personal bartender uses to make the most AWESOME margarita's.
Agreed. I love Cabo Wabo. I personally drink Patron.

You have a personal bartender??

Old 04-17-2007, 02:43 PM

1,943 posts, read 7,772,395 times
I made a margarita this weekend and it was yummy!! I used Patron, and a sweet and sour mix. Then I put cointreau (if that indeed is the orange stuff) and some OJ in it. I think my first batch was about 14 ounces sweet and sour mix, 8 ounces of Orange juice, 3 shots of cointreau and 6 shots of Patron. Over ice!

Old 04-18-2007, 07:10 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,159,446 times
Oh boy! I've got to make some Margaritas this weekend, now! It's been awhile since the last time I had one. We've been using 1800, but we're fixing to break into the bottle of Patron Gold, that we bought recently. Slurp! Ahhh...

Old 04-19-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
Agreed. I love Cabo Wabo. I personally drink Patron.

You have a personal bartender??
A good friend that makes the BEST drinks ever. I am now officially a "drink snob". I can hardly go out and order a margarita or any other mixed drink as after having the ones w/ the better tequila and mixed just right are SOOOOOO good. If anyone served me a margarita that tasted sour and bitter that was more "mix" than anything else I'd gag.

Yes, that cointreau really helps. So does Triple Sec and the blue stuff to make Blue Hawaiians (don't ask for the recipe as my bartender makes them for me, I just buy all the ingredients he tells me he needs if they are coming over). He uses the frozen limeade stuff too.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
A good friend that makes the BEST drinks ever. I am now officially a "drink snob". I can hardly go out and order a margarita or any other mixed drink as after having the ones w/ the better tequila and mixed just right are SOOOOOO good. If anyone served me a margarita that tasted sour and bitter that was more "mix" than anything else I'd gag.

Yes, that cointreau really helps. So does Triple Sec and the blue stuff to make Blue Hawaiians (don't ask for the recipe as my bartender makes them for me, I just buy all the ingredients he tells me he needs if they are coming over). He uses the frozen limeade stuff too.
LOL!! Oh, Ok. A good friend.

I actually thought you had a professional personal bartender. I thought to myself, I must have one of those.

Imagine?

Ditto on the "drink snob". It's hard to drink that awful cheap stuff once you've had the best.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
LOL!! Oh, Ok. A good friend.

I actually thought you had a professional personal bartender. I thought to myself, I must have one of those.

Imagine?

Ditto on the "drink snob". It's hard to drink that awful cheap stuff once you've had the best.
Now THAT would be AWESOME!!! I'd almost lose my CD addiction if I had a personal bartender. Then I could lay out by the pool and sip on awesome drinks all day. Hmmmmmmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or