U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 01:52 PM

4,127 posts, read 13,260,570 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a neat idea, have never done one so I wouldnt be much help but any ideas w/b great, occasionally I help out at a pet fundraiser (geared mostly to ppl food) but anything easy and dog (or cat) related w/ great too ('easy' and 'fast' being key words), the small PB ones sound really good (the others do too but are a bit more work)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll lady View Post
I've been looking for recipes for my Christmas Give-a-way trays. These would be wonderful. Maybe we should have a thread for Christmas tray goodies!! I hate doing the same old, same old each year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 09:57 PM

71 posts, read 95,157 times
we do a variation of these cookie treats using vanilla wafers, creamy peanut butter, and then dipping them in melted chocolate. we use the dark semi-sweet baking squares, and melt the chocolate in the microwave. we put wax paper on a cookie sheet, and then put the dipped cookies on it, and place in the freezer for quick freezing.

these tasty treats takes less than 5 minutes. once they are frozen we then drop them in freezer bags, and keep them in the freezer until we want one. a few minutes thawing, and they are perfect. we like them cold. it's like a peanut butter cup cookie. we're also thinking of trying them with homemade almond butter or cashew butter

Old 09-17-2009, 04:11 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,583,440 times
Earthman.....please tell us how to make cashew/almond butter!!

Old 09-17-2009, 06:53 AM

1,362 posts, read 3,797,096 times
I buy almond butter in my local grocery store.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:44 AM

Near where they sell the butter - ??

Old 09-17-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doll lady View Post
Earthman.....please tell us how to make cashew/almond butter!!
super easy. we don't make it often because we love raw cashews and almonds.

drop a handful (or 1 cup depending on how much you want to make) of raw unsalted cashews or almonds in food processor. Pulse nuts into a chunky or smooth powder, then drop in some honey and dash of salt, finally while pulsing slowly drizzle walnut oil until desired consistency. Experiment with amounts of honey depending on sweetness preference. We love the taste of nuts so we go light. We also have made this as gifts for foodie friends, and they love it. Remember though... no preservatives in this recipe. But it is delicious, easy to make, and easy to adjust ingredients. We like walnut oil, but you can probably experiment with that too.

enjoy

Old 09-17-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycrisp View Post
Near where they sell the butter - ??

usually found on the same aisle as peanut butter and jelly... it's yummy

Old 09-17-2009, 09:42 PM

Thx, will check it out when I go shopping tomorrow. BTW, heard canned pumpkin is in short supply, apparently b/c there werent many pumpkins this year (?) - it's supposed to be temporary though, I just gotta remember to go down the right aisle, LOL (baking aisle here).

Old 09-18-2009, 06:29 AM

1,362 posts, read 3,797,096 times
If you don't find it in the peanut aisle, check the health food section if your grocery store has one.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:12 PM

831 posts, read 1,345,423 times
My mom always made these at Christmas. She used white chocolate and while still wet add some red and green sprinkles. So simple but soooo good. It's something kids can make on there own to give as a gift and they feel so proud because the know how good it is. We would put them on a clear plastic little plate with a red paper dollie and wrap in colored plastic wrap tied with a pretty ribbon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or