U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 11:56 AM

1,455 posts, read 3,575,688 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a recipe in which I can prepare the peach filling, freeze, and make at a later date. Please help me, I can't possibly eat all these peaches, but I looove them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 05:47 PM

507 posts, read 2,018,477 times
Found this one for you. Courtesy of Recipezaar

Freezer Peach Pie Filling and Pie Freezing Method [SIZE=3]Recipe #183269 [/SIZE]

This method will work perfectly every time! If you follow this recipe and do not change any ingredient amounts, you will have perfect peach pies all year round! You can omit the nutmeg if desired though, I like to add it in for an extra flavor boost! Use only quick-cooking tapioca for this, Fruit Fresh can be found at any major supermarket. --- you may also find this recipe posted on my food blog Kittencal’s Kitchen Blog Archive Freezer Peach Pie Filling and Baking Method (http://kittencalskitchen.com/2009/09/02/freezer-peach-pie-filling-and-pie-freezing-method/ - broken link)
by KITTENCAL
2 hours | 2 hours prep
4 pies </SPAN>PIE TOP FOR BAKING DAY
  • 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
  • 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
  2. Using a paring knife score the peaches with an X into the skins only.
  3. Carefully drop the peaches into the boiling water; for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon remove the peaches to a large bowl of ice water for 1 minute (the skins should slip off easily, if not place them back into the boiling water for 30 seconds).
  4. Slice the peaches then put them into a large bowl; sprinkle with Fruit Fresh and sugar; toss to combine.
  5. Stir in the tapioca, lemon juice and salt; mix well to combine.
  6. Line 4 foil pie plates with heavy foil or freezer paper, placing a piece of plastic wrap over the foil.
  7. Put 4-5 cups of peach filling into each pan, then loosely fold wrapping around the pie; freeze until firm.
  8. When the filling is frozen solid remove from pans and wrap tightly, then return to freezer until ready to use.
  9. ON PIE BAKING DAY; for each pie place one frozen pie filling in a unbaked 9-inch pie shell, then add in 4 tablespoons butter pieces (1/4-cup) then sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
  10. Top the pie with an additional prepared pie crust; seal well, then flute as desired.
  11. Bake for about 50-60 minutes in a 375 degree oven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes