U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2009, 05:14 PM

507 posts, read 2,022,472 times

Advertisements

Sounds great to me Tom!
Quote:
I just noticed I posted the same recipe as Tnhoneypot.

Sorry 'bout that :-)
Thats ok Gandalara!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 07:01 PM

8,093 posts, read 13,232,688 times
I just thought - if any of you have MasterCook on your computer, you might be interested in this site:
Mad's Recipe Emporium

About half way down on the left are a bunch of crockpot recipes that are formatted for MC and you can import straight into MC with no problems.

Oh, and if you don't have Mastercook, I'm pretty sure he still offers a free viewer - you can download and read them in txt mode, but sometimes they come out kinda wonky.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:57 PM

1,539 posts, read 2,818,301 times
Default Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy Asian Pork Shoulder

My Mom had us over for dinner tonight & made this & it was SO good and easy that I had to share. I will be making this often.

Taken from Real Simple magazine.

Serves 4 Hands-On Time: 15m Total Time: 8hr 00m
Ingredients

• 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce (found in the Asian aisle of the supermarket)
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder (optional)
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 2 1/2 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 1 cup long-grain white rice
  • 1 medium head bok choy, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
  • 2 scallions, sliced

Directions

1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the soy sauce, sugar, chili-garlic sauce, ginger, five-spice powder (if using), ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the pork and toss to coat. Cook, covered, until the pork is tender, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
  2. Twenty-five minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions.
  3. Meanwhile, skim off and discard any fat from the pork. Gently fold the bok choy into the pork and cook, covered, until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes. Serve with the rice and sprinkle with the scallions.

Sweet and Spicy Asian Pork Shoulder Recipe | Real Simple Recipes

Old 01-31-2010, 12:00 AM

55,665 posts, read 74,620,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
My Mom had us over for dinner tonight & made this & it was SO good and easy that I had to share. I will be making this often.

Taken from Real Simple magazine.

Serves 4 Hands-On Time: 15m Total Time: 8hr 00m
Ingredients

• 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce (found in the Asian aisle of the supermarket)
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder (optional)
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 2 1/2 pounds pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 1 cup long-grain white rice
  • 1 medium head bok choy, thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
  • 2 scallions, sliced
Directions

1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the soy sauce, sugar, chili-garlic sauce, ginger, five-spice powder (if using), ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the pork and toss to coat. Cook, covered, until the pork is tender, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
  2. Twenty-five minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions.
  3. Meanwhile, skim off and discard any fat from the pork. Gently fold the bok choy into the pork and cook, covered, until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes. Serve with the rice and sprinkle with the scallions.

Sweet and Spicy Asian Pork Shoulder Recipe | Real Simple Recipes
sounds really good.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:43 AM

1,554 posts, read 4,139,906 times
Thanks I will try it out.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:36 PM

Do it--you won't be disappointed. The flavor is just delicious. Almost reminds me of something I would order at PF Changs--except maybe, BETTER!

Old 02-01-2010, 06:20 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,562,997 times
Sounds good! I like 5 spice. A little cornstarch in the remaining liquid might make a thicker, restaurant type sauce/gravy for the pork.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:33 PM

Default The BEST slow-cooker pulled pork tacos!

I have had these twice now and they are to die for. We use unsweetened cocoa powder for the unsweetened cocoa that it calls for. For the salsa we use a smoky peach salsa from Trader Joe's. The recipe is from health.com so they have to be somewhat healthy Super easy to throw together.

Pulled-Pork Tacos - Recipes - Health.com

Old 03-05-2010, 03:41 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,212,499 times
Use a freash and easy baste,

6 jalepeno peppers( buy ahead of time and allow to turn Red on counter...1 wk)

3 roma tomatos
2 cloves garlic
1 med yellow onion
1 tblspn each of salt, pepper, cumin powder
1/4 vinegar

blender method- place all ingredients in blender and blend till smooth.
in a saute pan, heat 2 tblspns oil, then carefully add mx to pan and saute till baste thickens and get rich in texture 15 min. coat pork pieces well and roast till pork is tender, basting with more sauce durring cooking.

If you dont have an blender/foofd processor, chop all veggies small and saute n oil the all but tomatos and vinegar, when chillis have softened, add tomato and cook of 10 min more, add 1 1/2 cups water and simmer till veggies sorten and water evaporates till almost gone...turn of heat and add vinegar stir in and top roasting pork. allow paste to thicken and crust on pork.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:39 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,736,107 times
Default Looking for slow cooker Italian beef recipe

I'm in the mood for a good Italian beef sandwich. Could someone share a recipe for slow cooker Italian beef. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or