U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 08:56 PM

6,488 posts, read 6,952,173 times

Advertisements

This isn't a slow cooker recipe, but I am sure it would work out fine:

The Pioneer Woman Cooks - Ree Drummond

I tried the non-Italian version and it was very good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 09:31 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,736,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
This isn't a slow cooker recipe, but I am sure it would work out fine:

The Pioneer Woman Cooks - Ree Drummond

I tried the non-Italian version and it was very good.

Looks amazingly delicious. Thanks

Old 03-13-2010, 09:52 PM

9,362 posts, read 22,803,120 times
This is one that Beretta posted a couple of years ago. It is delicious and the leftovers, if any, can be bagged up and frozen. I've made it several times. Time to do so again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Hubby wanted me to mention one of the things that I make that he loves; especially during football games and it is a must make for the Super Bowl

Italian Beef in the slow cooker

any type of beef roast
1 jar of banana peppers (zesty or mild whichever you prefer)
1 small canister of grated parmesan cheese

brown beef in pan and put in slow cooker. Dump jar of peppers with juice and canister of parmesan in slow cooker. Cook until very tender. Use two forks to cross shred the beef in the slow cooker and allow it to mix and soak up the juices. Serve on Steak or Sausage Rolls with fresh provolone and mustard and/or horseradish sauce. So delicious!
http://www.city-data.com/forum/food-...pot-ideas.html

Old 03-18-2010, 06:17 PM

507 posts, read 2,022,472 times
Default This will NOT disappoint, its fantastic!

Super easy Crockpot "Pepperoncini Beef"

3-4 lb roast (anything on sale)
several cloves of garlic (to your liking) I usually use 5-8 cloves
1 jar Pepperoncinies (usually found in the Pickle aisle at the grocery store)
Provalone cheese

Slice garlic cloves into thirds lengthwise, make slits in the roast and insert garlic all over roast (depending on how much garlic you like) put roast into crockpot and pour pepperoncinis and liquid over roast, cook on low 6-8 hrs or until falling apart.
Serve on hoagie rolls with provolone or mozzerella cheese, and your choice of condiments. When making the sandwiches, place meat in rolls, cover with cheese, and zap in a microwave for a few seconds. Don't forget to use the pepperoncini in the sandwiches.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:11 AM

15,343 posts, read 27,540,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
This is one that Beretta posted a couple of years ago. It is delicious and the leftovers, if any, can be bagged up and frozen. I've made it several times. Time to do so again.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/food-...pot-ideas.html
Ah, thanks for posting. My mouth is watering reading it. Time to make this again!

Old 03-20-2010, 10:07 AM

8,093 posts, read 13,232,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnhoneypot View Post
Super easy Crockpot "Pepperoncini Beef"

3-4 lb roast (anything on sale)
several cloves of garlic (to your liking) I usually use 5-8 cloves
1 jar Pepperoncinies (usually found in the Pickle aisle at the grocery store)
Provalone cheese

Slice garlic cloves into thirds lengthwise, make slits in the roast and insert garlic all over roast (depending on how much garlic you like) put roast into crockpot and pour pepperoncinis and liquid over roast, cook on low 6-8 hrs or until falling apart.
Serve on hoagie rolls with provolone or mozzerella cheese, and your choice of condiments. When making the sandwiches, place meat in rolls, cover with cheese, and zap in a microwave for a few seconds. Don't forget to use the pepperoncini in the sandwiches.

I've made this several times - yum! - just the meat and pepperoncini. No sandwiches - just add a salad and it's perfect for low carb

Old 03-20-2010, 03:28 PM

28,227 posts, read 19,618,774 times
This is one my SIL makes and it's always a hit. Chuck roast, beer, Lipton onion soup, 5 cloves garlic. In the crock and let it go.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:43 PM

7,526 posts, read 7,215,067 times
3-4 lb beef roast
2 cups of beef broth
1 jar of giardiniera (as pictured below)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b3/Gia.jpg/185px-Gia.jpg (broken link)

Slow cook it until the beef falls apart. So yummy!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:50 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
Bumping this old thread as we just got a crock pot for my fiancees wedding shower and I have never used one before. I love some of the ideas in here, any others out there, specifically for beginers?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:24 AM

1,939 posts, read 5,602,831 times
I use white wine on the bottom for this one: I layer the crock pot with sliced onions, throw some chicken breasts on top, cover with parmesean cheese (in the can), add more onions and some chopped green peppers-pour a can of spaghetti sauce over it all and load it up with shredded cheeses and cook for about 5-6 hours on low..you can layer seasonings in between also or add other veggies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or