U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 11:36 PM

3,633 posts, read 4,413,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorasbox View Post
If you like French Toast , you need to try the French toast casserole from Kraft.com. It is so good that I made it to take to aork and ended up eating the whole thing myself. I don't know how to get the link on your page. Sorry/ But you need to try it. You make it the night before so it can soak all night. Then Bake the next morning for about 45 minutes, esp good Christmas morning. Try it.
thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 07:22 AM

1,362 posts, read 3,797,703 times
There was a recipe on Egg Nog once. You just dipped the bread in Egg Nog mixed with an egg or two and cooked in a butter skillet.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:21 PM

18,434 posts, read 29,393,730 times
I normally use a griddle, but my exdh has my griddle.

One time I bought a loaf of either Italian or French bread and cut it up thick. I had a recipe back then for stuffed French Toast.

It called for cutting the slices extra thick and then cutting the slices almost all the way through. You spread the inside with a generous helping of softened cream cheese and throw in some orange marmalade and smoosh it back together. Dip in an egg and milk mixture with cinnamon and fry on each side.

Very good.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:20 AM

507 posts, read 2,017,964 times
If you ever want a really great treat, make French toast with Coffeemate's Cinnamon Vanilla Cream flavor and it's to die for. . Use sourdough bread, then soak it in a combo of the creamer and eggs and then make it like regular French toast.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:57 PM

18,434 posts, read 29,393,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnhoneypot View Post
If you ever want a really great treat, make French toast with Coffeemate's Cinnamon Vanilla Cream flavor and it's to die for. . Use sourdough bread, then soak it in a combo of the creamer and eggs and then make it like regular French toast.
That sounds really good. Did someone tell you about that or did you run out of milk one time?

Old 10-15-2009, 12:51 AM

55,485 posts, read 74,383,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I still don't understand why French toast is called French toast...
But your idea is good!
bek
when the baguette gets stale you put water on it, dip in egg and milk and fry it, been there done that. in france you dont waste stuff.
b4 that happens when it is fresh you do other things 4 breakfast but that is off topic.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Did someone tell you about that or did you run out of milk one time?
a friend of mine told me about it.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:15 AM

6,772 posts, read 11,866,602 times
I make really good French Toast. My trick for it being crispy and not soggy is to put some flour in the egg mixture. It makes a huge difference. For three eggs I usually whisk in a little less than a 1/4 cup. I also add vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and a splash milk. Try it, it's awesome!

Old 10-18-2009, 04:38 PM

Try this out sometime. Its from my good buddy Jack.

CADILLAC-JACK'S FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE WITH PRALINE TOPPING

1 (12-16 oz.) loaf French bread
8 eggs
2 C. half-and-half
1 C. whole milk
2 T. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Dash of salt

Cut loaf of French bread into 1-inch slices. Arrange slices in buttered 13 x 9-inch pan, cutting or breaking pieces to fit and squeezing in bits and pieces of bread so there is barely any space between slices.

Combine eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Beat with whisk until blended but not bubbly. Pour evenly over bread slices, spooning some mixture in between cracks. Chill, covered, overnight.

The next morning, prepare Praline Topping and spread over casserole. Bake at 350F, uncovered, for 40 minutes, or until puffed and light brown. Serve with maple syrup or honey.

Praline Topping

1 C. butter, softened or slightly microwaved
1 C. brown sugar, packed
1 C. chopped pecans
2 T. light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Combine all ingredients. Spread over casserole as directed above.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:14 PM

3,086 posts, read 971,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorasbox View Post
If you like French Toast , you need to try the French toast casserole from Kraft.com. It is so good that I made it to take to aork and ended up eating the whole thing myself. I don't know how to get the link on your page. Sorry/ But you need to try it. You make it the night before so it can soak all night. Then Bake the next morning for about 45 minutes, esp good Christmas morning. Try it.
This must be it, looks good!
Puffy French Toast Casserole recipe at Kraftfoods.com
I'm going to try other poster's recipes too, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes