U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 08:58 PM

31 posts, read 67,526 times

Advertisements

I found this recipe and I am just dying to make it. My husband is training for a bodybuilding competition so this stuff isn't even allowed in our house for right
now Will someone make it and tell me how it turns out..lol.
Anyways its called pina colada bread. Here is the recipe if you would like to try it and if you like coconut (obviously).

PINA COLADA BREAD
5c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons salt
4 eggs
1 c. unsalted butter, melted
1 8 ounce can of crushed pineapples, undrained
1 cup cream of coconut (NOT coconut milk)
2/3 cup walnuts
2/3 cup golden raisins
TOPPING:
2 3/4 cup flaked coconut
2/3 cup cream of coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray 2 9x5x3 in. loaf pans.
In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt.
In a small bowl combine the melted butter, pineapple with juice, and cream of coconut, and mix well.
Pour butter coconut mixture over the flour mixture and stir well.
Toss walnuts and raisins in with a handful of flour just to coat, then toss into the batter. Stir.
Divide batter in half and place equal amounts in each loaf pan.
Bake 35-40 minutes. Let cool.
For topping:
combine 1 3/4 cup coconut and the full 2/3 cup cream of coconut together. Spread on top of loaves. Toast remaining coconut and sprinkle on top.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 09:47 PM

2,178 posts, read 8,460,121 times
OH MY GOD! This sounds to die for!!!!!! My Captain would LOVE this! He goes ape with anything coconut and bonkers if it has pineapple too.. I DID save this and will have to see if I can get the stuff to make it next trip.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:06 AM

32,315 posts, read 59,630,224 times
I gained 10 pounds just reading over the ingredients.

It sounds delicious!

Old 11-12-2009, 07:03 AM

1,362 posts, read 3,798,954 times
It sounds so good. Do you have a friend or relative who can make it at their house and you can go over to try. I have the feeling you're going to want to try this soon.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:22 AM

497 posts, read 1,026,976 times
This got printed off. Not sure when I'll make it, but it sounds divine! A bit pricey to make. As I recall, cream of coconut is expensive. This sounds worth it. Would be good for the Holidays. I do wonder if one can of the cream of coconut is enough to get 1 2/3 cups from it?

Whomever makes it first, be sure to let us know!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:32 PM

13,316 posts, read 21,875,796 times
Cream of coconut is carried regularly at my local 99 cent store - they have both the coconut milk or the cream for one dollar a can - not too expensive!

I'd love to try the recipe, but 5 C of flour stopped me dead in my tracks. It would be too hard for me to make it and only watch others eat it - especially since I would replace the walnuts with chopped macadamia nuts to complete the tropical theme of the bread.

I'm going to have to revisit this thread once I'm back in the office - I love to bring in home baked goodness for everyone else to eat and enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or