U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:55 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,796,900 times

Advertisements

Recently had an incredible pumpkin cheesecake. Looking for recipe to duplicate. Ginger snaps for crust.

However for many recipes I highly recomend the whipped cream that was on it. I am not a whipped cream fan but they put a little Baillys it in. OMG it was wonderful!! Gives me all types of ideas to add to whipped cream. Would never have thought of that! Good luck!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 08:48 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,340,045 times
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies-

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe : : Food Network

Old 11-23-2009, 09:16 AM

3,169 posts, read 4,558,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
How about a pumpkin bread bread pudding?
Yep, I'd whip up a bread pudding, too.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:20 AM

3,646 posts, read 10,048,558 times
I'd vote for cheesecake with a raspberry sauce on the side!

Old 11-23-2009, 05:54 PM

193 posts, read 781,283 times
here is what I plan on making. its one of paul deens recipes, but has 5 stars and over 500 reviews...so hopefully it turns out really good. Its called "grandgirl's fresh apple cake from Georgia"

Ingredients:

Cake:
Butter, for greasing pan
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup pure vegetable oil
1/4 cup orange juice
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups peeled and finely chopped apples
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped pecans

Sauce:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease a tube pan.
For the cake: in a large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, melted butter, oil, orange juice, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract; and mix well. Fold apples, coconut, and pecans into batter.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a tester comes out clean, about 1 1/2 hours.

Shortly before the cake is done, make the sauce: Melt the butter in a large saucepan, stir in the sugar, buttermilk, and baking soda, and bring to a good rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Pour the sauce over the hot cake in the pan as soon as you remove it from the oven. Let stand 1 hour, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:08 PM

2,778 posts, read 7,353,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
For the winter holidays we traditionally have~

Rice Pudding for people who don't care too much for really sweet desserts Old-Fashioned Rice Pudding I - All Recipes
Add a little cinnamon and/or mace and/or clove for a little more flavor, or you can substitute golden raisins for the regular raisins.

and Date Nut Pudding for people who like a very rich dessert Date Nut Pudding Recipe: A Rich, Gooey Middle Eastern Dessert | Suite101.com
My dad used to pour a dollop of whiskey or rum into the date nut pudding before cooking. Served with whipped cream or a caramel sauce. Yum.
I was going to make just the same suggestions! Two great choices!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:12 PM

14,663 posts, read 20,504,095 times
STRAWBERRY FLUFF
1 12 oz can - Crushed Pineapple
1 4 oz box - Strawberry Jello
1 package - Mini-Marshmallows
1 12 oz - Cool Whip
Directions
Mix together pineapple and strawberry jello. Add mini-marshmallows and cool whip. Refrigerate and enjoy!
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

Old 11-24-2009, 02:17 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,333,267 times
Paula Deen is popular on this thread, and my idea comes from her, too. I've made her caramel apple cheesecake bites several times, and each time I get asked for the recipe numerous times. It's a bit of work, but not hard, and is delicious!

Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars with Streusel Topping Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

It's got a fall feeling, with the apples, but it's not pie. Happy eating!

Old 11-24-2009, 02:58 PM

25,906 posts, read 38,212,945 times
I found this recipe a few years ago on a tiny space next to a coupon for Crisco. I've made it several times, and it always comes out perfect. Dense and moist, with a really good crust, and it smells amazing. One of my uncles does not like sweets very much, but he always asks for this cake.

I make it in a bundt pan, not a fluted (angel food) pan--just use a BIG bundt pan, because there's a lot of batter. A little drizzle of powdered sugar icing (or the glaze in the recipe) dresses it up, and it looks very pretty on a cake plate.

Crisco® - Recipes - Pumpkin Caramel Pound Cake

Old 11-24-2009, 03:06 PM

2,868 posts, read 8,897,821 times
Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Cake. Google it. It is from Paula Dean. It is too DIE FOR and blows any pumpkin pie out of the water. Read the reviews...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or