Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 07:37 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

I have never made bread pudding but would like to this Christmas Eve, any receipes out there for a creamier Bread Pudding, any Receipe for Bread Pudding, i would love to try and make it. Appreciate all receipes.If it calls for booze in it that is ok to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 06:30 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,163,215 times
This is what I use. Sorry, I can't give exact measurements here. But these are the ingredients

Old bread. I actually save my bread in a freezer bag for this purpose, ends and all.
2 eggs
Sugar
Warm milk
Cinnamon
Melted butter
Raisins
Pecans
Vanilla flavor

I have seen others make their pudding in a water bath. They put the bread pudding mixture in a pan and then put that pan in another pan of water. That gives it the pudding consistency. I don't do that. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes.

Top with cream cheese frosting.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:52 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
I've made it with Pannetone and it's very Christmasy. I used Giada DeLauentis' recipe. I always add some Amaretto to my eggs,cream,milk, vanilla,sugar. The trick is to let it sit and soak for about an hour before baking and I do use a water bath.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:14 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I've made it with Pannetone and it's very Christmasy. I used Giada DeLauentis' recipe. I always add some Amaretto to my eggs,cream,milk, vanilla,sugar. The trick is to let it sit and soak for about an hour before baking and I do use a water bath.
I put whiskey in mine! LOL. Amaretto sounds good, I think I'll try that!

Old 12-18-2009, 09:22 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
I soak the raisins in Amaretto and then add raisins and all.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:15 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,681,084 times
I've made Paula Deen's chocolate bread pudding for Christmas before. It's insane. Yum, yum, yum! I'm thinking about making it again this year.

Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network

Old 12-18-2009, 01:49 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,419,786 times
I can't find two recipes I was hunting. I know they are basically the same as the pudding recipes already posted but one used half and half instead of milk (or the cream in Paula's). I think I had one that used Eagle Brand Milk but that was almost too rich. I like the half and half.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:06 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,058,606 times
Second the boozy pannetone ideas, or as a simpler version you can use plain croissants or brioche, or even just plain white bread

Bread and Butter Pudding with Whisky-soaked Raisins - Sweet - Recipes - from Delia Online

Old 12-18-2009, 06:48 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times
Here's a sauce for topping your bread pudding ...
(I've never made this with Jack Daniels. I've made it with brandy and I've also made it with Apple Jack.)

JACK DANIELS SAUCE
1/4 cup water
1 1/3 cups sugar
11 tablespoons butter - (about 1 1/3 sticks) -- cut small cubes
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons Jack Daniels

Place water and sugar in saucepan. Mix until sugar dissolves. Set over medium heat and cook without stirring until mixture comes to boil. Immediately reduce to simmer and cook until mixture is clear. Turn off heat. Add butter, stir until butter is completely melted. Add cinnamon, lemon juice, vanilla and Jack Daniels; whip lightly to combine. Remove from stove top and cool slightly. Serve immediately or cool completely and reheat when ready to serve.

Enough for about 6 servings.
(Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)

Old 12-19-2009, 03:24 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,848,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Here's a sauce for topping your bread pudding ...
(I've never made this with Jack Daniels. I've made it with brandy and I've also made it with Apple Jack.)

JACK DANIELS SAUCE
1/4 cup water
1 1/3 cups sugar
11 tablespoons butter - (about 1 1/3 sticks) -- cut small cubes
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons Jack Daniels

Place water and sugar in saucepan. Mix until sugar dissolves. Set over medium heat and cook without stirring until mixture comes to boil. Immediately reduce to simmer and cook until mixture is clear. Turn off heat. Add butter, stir until butter is completely melted. Add cinnamon, lemon juice, vanilla and Jack Daniels; whip lightly to combine. Remove from stove top and cool slightly. Serve immediately or cool completely and reheat when ready to serve.

Enough for about 6 servings.
(Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
Now that sounds good!

Also if the bread pudding recipe calls for half and half or cream and flavoring...use some flavored coffee creamer such as Amaretto...I use this also for French toast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes