U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:42 PM

25,906 posts, read 36,223,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkaye76 View Post
This is a long time past this post.. but I thought I would share that my recipe calls to mix the pistachio pudding with the pineapple & juice first...it turns into a gelatinous muck and then fold that in with the cool whip.. Its truly divine!! We're having it for Easter since it screams Spring at me.
Thank you for the suggestion. I forgot about this thread ... I may have to make a Watergate salad again soon. I made one with Dream Whip and it came out okay, as I recall. I will try it sometime by dissolving the pudding mix in the pineapple juice.

What's funny is that I had never heard of this "salad" back in California, but now that I live in the Midwest, I see references to it a lot. The recipe is on the pudding box! I don't remember seeing it before, despite making pistachio pudding about once a month (it's my husband's favorite, plus instant pudding is a great way to use up the last of the milk on Saturdays when I do my grocery shopping). I wonder if it's only printed on the box in this area.

Somebody on either coast, go look at a box of pistachio pudding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 11:57 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,683,981 times
I learned about it back in the mid-sixties right here in So Cal. Our next door neighbor made us a bowl and everyone went gaga over it. The neighbor was a transplant from.... Missouri.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 356 times
I have made this salad lots of time and all different times of the year. Everyone loves it! Mine has never been gritty. Not sure what is causing that.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:55 PM

11,012 posts, read 17,501,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
What's funny is that I had never heard of this "salad" back in California, but now that I live in the Midwest, I see references to it a lot. The recipe is on the pudding box! I don't remember seeing it before, despite making pistachio pudding about once a month (it's my husband's favorite, plus instant pudding is a great way to use up the last of the milk on Saturdays when I do my grocery shopping). I wonder if it's only printed on the box in this area.

Somebody on either coast, go look at a box of pistachio pudding.
It's on the box in Texas! I've never had this dish, to be honest I'm pretty sure I don't want to..

Old 06-04-2016, 08:55 PM

25,906 posts, read 36,223,521 times
I posted this in 2009! Hahaha.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:40 AM

11,012 posts, read 17,501,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I posted this in 2009! Hahaha.
It took me a while to get around to checking for you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes