U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 09:07 PM

3,647 posts, read 4,757,997 times

Advertisements

What's everyone eating for New Year's Eve and Day? This is funny -- I have always lived in the south but I don't cook the black eyed peas and things. Usually I eat them at a friend's house or go to Cracker Barrel or someplace like that. What I have done the past few years is plan New Year's Eve and Day around holiday foods I love and somehow didn't eat. The budget is tight this year, so I'm stretching and using a few things I bought for Christmas and didn't need, but the food will be good! New Year's Eve is meatloaf, potato salad, Waldorf salad, glazed carrots, rolls and lime sherbert plus the last batch of Christmas cookies. New Year's Day is bean soup and cornbread. There may be a pizza or some other surprise thrown in. Happy New Year everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2009, 03:43 AM

28,227 posts, read 19,625,070 times
Happy New Year all.

NYrs Eve-smapi made with jumbo lobster tails,shrimp and scallops over angel hair,garlic bread.

NYrs Day-Prime rib, roasted baby yukon gold potatoes, brocolli n cheese.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:03 AM

1,123 posts, read 4,807,222 times
I am just fixing a simple lunch/dinner for the inlaws:
Ham, collards, black eyed peas and cornbread. We still have dessert from Christmas!

Old 12-31-2009, 12:38 PM

3,168 posts, read 4,331,971 times
Tonight will be steak, steamed asparagus and any other veggie I can pull out of the frig.

Tomorrow will be baked pork chops, mustard and turnip greens, and black eye peas for me. I'll make mashed potatoes and some sort of dessert for everyone else to enjoy with it.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:44 PM

507 posts, read 2,023,077 times
I'm making a spicy orange pork tenderloin, and cooking some Collard greens, also some candied sweet potatoes and rolls. Hubby will not topuch black-eyed peas, but I love em!

Old 12-31-2009, 06:45 PM

3,764 posts, read 7,477,837 times
We had a fresh spring roll bar.... make your own spring rolls with lots of different ingredients for fillings & great chile/sweet dipping sauce. It was a lot of fun & very yummy. For dessert we are roasting s'mores over candles & drinking hot chocolate.

Kinda non-traditional LOL!

Old 12-31-2009, 07:19 PM

8,685 posts, read 14,509,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
We had a fresh spring roll bar.... make your own spring rolls with lots of different ingredients for fillings & great chile/sweet dipping sauce. It was a lot of fun & very yummy. For dessert we are roasting s'mores over candles & drinking hot chocolate.

Kinda non-traditional LOL!
Have to love it and all everyone is havingI think I will do the smores-candle thingee with the granddaughter tonight and freak her out

And Lacey can adopt me anytime...short of in MN...sorry girl..been there, done that...shhhhhhh....

Happy New Year all!

Old 01-01-2010, 04:36 AM

28,227 posts, read 19,625,070 times
Granny I am with ya on the MN thing-don't blame you, as soon as we can sell I'm outta here.

Happy New Year all-scampi was delicious, now onto prime rib!

Old 01-01-2010, 06:53 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,931,363 times
Hope everyone had a nice evening last night.

We had neighbors and friends and family over for potluck heavy hors d'oeuvres and champagne. We had smoked pheasant sandwiches, crab dip, ham and cheese pastry, hummus with black eyed peas, stuffed mushrooms, delicious French black cherry preserves over brie, tiramisu and chocolate truffles.

Tonight it will be lobster tails, rice, wild boar tenderloin and maybe garlic bread.
Peppermint stick ice cream with choc sauce for dessert.
I found a good recipe for the tenderloin from the website of the company it came from, it will be stuffed with wild mushrooms and shallots.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:18 AM

9,718 posts, read 5,768,138 times
Happy New Year everyone!!

I cooked most of the day yesterday for a dinner party last night with friends so today is leftover pork roast and whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes