U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:48 AM

9,362 posts, read 22,758,275 times

Advertisements

Doesn't mole sauce have unsweetened chocolate in it? I've never tried it, but it sounds good.

We had a Pakistani woman who worked for us and she prepared two kinds of scrambled eggs- sweet and spicy. The kids really like the sweet ones- I wish I remember how she prepared it. I am going to try your cocoa egg recipe. It sounds strange enough to be good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 11:09 AM

36,474 posts, read 41,651,387 times
It doesn't seem that odd a combination to me...the same/similar ingredients are used in baked goods and sweet custard. Not all recipes involving egg are savory.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:57 AM

25,906 posts, read 36,195,563 times
It's the name that gets me. I picture brown scrambled eggs, and my face goes like #6.

http://blocs.xtec.cat/englishiscool/...vin_hobbes.jpg

Old 01-09-2010, 09:13 PM

507 posts, read 2,017,964 times
or #10!

Old 01-10-2010, 12:30 PM

24,732 posts, read 23,697,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Okay, folks. I got home from work just a bit ago, made the Chocolate Scrambled Eggs, and just finished eating them. They looked kind of nasty but tasted pretty good. A definite chocolate fix, and didn't taste like eggs at all. If I were to make them again, I'd probably try canola oil instead of olive oil. The taste of the olive oil was a little too strong, even though I used only 2 tsp instead of 3, and it left an aftertaste. I felt the need to wash them down with a glass of milk.
Thanks for the report PJ8. I was wondering about the olive oil. Coconut oil might work in that as well.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:03 PM

4,538 posts, read 8,140,913 times
When out on the road and working a 6:00PM to 6:00AM shift we ate lunch around midnight. Your body's out of its normal rhythm and you don't know if you want dinner or breakfast. The team always went to a 24hr HoJo's and the waitress would go around the table and write the individual orders down separately on these long paper slips. One time I had ordered eggs, and after the waitress had moved on down the table I decided I wanted some coffee ice cream as well. So I asked her, "On that order with the eggs, would you add coffee ice cream to that?" "Sure" she said and you can guess what happened next. When my order came out the ice cream was on top of the eggs I had eggs ala mode. (Yes I ate it, I was very hungry Just pushed the ice cream to the side of the plate)

Old 01-10-2010, 06:57 PM

40,154 posts, read 15,117,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
When out on the road and working a 6:00PM to 6:00AM shift we ate lunch around midnight. Your body's out of its normal rhythm and you don't know if you want dinner or breakfast. The team always went to a 24hr HoJo's and the waitress would go around the table and write the individual orders down separately on these long paper slips. One time I had ordered eggs, and after the waitress had moved on down the table I decided I wanted some coffee ice cream as well. So I asked her, "On that order with the eggs, would you add coffee ice cream to that?" "Sure" she said and you can guess what happened next. When my order came out the ice cream was on top of the eggs I had eggs ala mode. (Yes I ate it, I was very hungry Just pushed the ice cream to the side of the plate)
That's a hoot!

Old 01-15-2010, 11:59 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,071,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
Once at the Chinese buffet I ordered a Coke and a water, meaning a glass of each. What I got was a glass of half Coke half water.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:31 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,792,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
It's the name that gets me. I picture brown scrambled eggs, and my face goes like #6.

http://blocs.xtec.cat/englishiscool/...vin_hobbes.jpg

LOL..Julia, no appeal to me...I'm #4.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:17 AM

21,598 posts, read 16,583,564 times
I thought I would revive this old thread just for the heck of it. Did anyone ever get around to trying their eggs this way? I still think that despite the name I gave them, chocolate Scambled eggs are delicious. But maybe that's just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes