Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 AM

497 posts, read 1,171,680 times

Advertisements

Made this last night and OMG we LOVED it! As it was baking my hubby said it smelled like Mexcian food and he doesn't like Mexican food. He was VERY skeptical. I served it and he took one tentative bite. Took another and said, "This is a keeper." I served it with sour cream on the side and we both loved it.

As soon as we were done eating and the kitchen cleaned up...I got my recipe book out and put it in. No recipe goes in there unless it is really special. This is.

I highly reccommend trying this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 01:30 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,473,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
I just printed this off. It's getting made at my house soon. I spotted a can of Rotel in my cupboard the other day and wondered what I'd do with them. Now I know! Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
Made this last night and OMG we LOVED it! As it was baking my hubby said it smelled like Mexcian food and he doesn't like Mexican food. He was VERY skeptical. I served it and he took one tentative bite. Took another and said, "This is a keeper." I served it with sour cream on the side and we both loved it.

As soon as we were done eating and the kitchen cleaned up...I got my recipe book out and put it in. No recipe goes in there unless it is really special. This is.

I highly recommend trying this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Assuming you meant my recipe..thanks very much. Glad you liked it. You're quite welcome.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:39 PM

178 posts, read 411,340 times
Wow I tried it too...It was wonderful, my husband couldn't stop eating it! Thanks satx56!

Old 02-18-2010, 03:17 PM

17,330 posts, read 32,864,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
"King Ranch Casserole" AKA...Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
Ingredients:
3 Chicken breasts or 1 fryer.. stewed, boned , cut into bite sized pieces.
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup............Campbell's
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup.........Campbell's
1 can (10oz) Rotel or Red Gold (diced tomatoes & green chilies)
1 pkg corn tortillas (cut in quarters) a dozen is enough.
1 medium onion diced (chopped) whatever!
1/2 lb or (a bit) more grated cheddar cheese (mild)

Mix soups and Rotel in a bowl.

In a greased casserole dish layer chicken at bottom, soups , cheese, onions, tortillas. Layer as you like until all ingredients are used. End with cheese on top with onions. Place in 350* oven for 1 hour. Enjoy!!
My lack of kitchen/cooking expertise is going to shine through with a vengeance here, but this sounds so delicious (and is getting such rave reviews) that I've got to ask:

Quote:
3 Chicken breasts or 1 fryer.. stewed, boned , cut into bite sized pieces.
What do you mean by "stewed"?

Old 02-18-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
My lack of kitchen/cooking expertise is going to shine through with a vengeance here, but this sounds so delicious (and is getting such rave reviews) that I've got to ask:

What do you mean by "stewed"?
Thanks!! Hope you like it!! By "stewed" (wife's description) we mean boiled in water or broth until it turns white.....mostly cooked through. This make it easy to shred or remove meat from the bones. Just tear in strips or cut in chunks for the recipe. I prefer all white meat so I use breasts!!

Last edited by SATX56; 02-18-2010 at 04:58 PM..

Old 02-18-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymonk View Post
Wow I tried it too...It was wonderful, my husband couldn't stop eating it! Thanks satx56!
You're welcome also!! Glad you liked it!!

Old 02-18-2010, 05:28 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,772,703 times
I can't wait to make this.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Thanks!! Hope you like it!! By "stewed" (wife's description) we mean boiled in water or broth until it turns white.....mostly cooked through. This make it easy to shred or remove meat from the bones. Just tear in strips or cut in chunks for the recipe. I prefer all white meat so I use breasts!!
Thank you! Thank you! I'm going to get the ingredients as soon as I can and whip this beauty up. It sounds soooo good; I'm sure I'm going to love it.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:13 AM

OK, I'm getting the ingredients tomorrow morning and plan on making it for dinner tomorrow, but I have one last question that will REALLY show you how cooking-impaired I am:

Will all of this fit in an 8x8 Pyrex, or do I need to break out the bigger 9x13?

(I'm asking because I've flubbed up before, started working in my 8x8 only to find out, in the middle, that, um, this ain't gonna fit! So I figured I'd save myself the angst -- and embarrass myself a wee bit more -- and just ask. )

Old 02-19-2010, 08:29 AM

497 posts, read 1,171,680 times
Just a quick remark on the chicken. I used boneless/skinless chicken breast and I find boiling cooks out all the flavor. I took a tip from Ina Garten and seasoned them and roasted them for about 30 minutes. Cooled and chopped. Works beautifully and the seasonings on the chicken add to the flavor of the casserole. I season with salt, pepper and Lawry's season salt.

I also think one of those roasted chickens you get at the store would work well. Already cooked, just pick it clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes