Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 06:25 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
You sound like you have an inferiority complex. Who is kicking sand in your face at the beach? Not sure how you went from men or women who put forth some effort into their appearance to getting bullied.
I agree. He's over the top to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 07:12 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
On a side note, I don't know if women who get breast implants have really thought this through. The fashion industry obviously caters to flat-chested women.

The fashion industry may cater to smaller gals but men cater to boobies -- even those who say otherwise. They may not cater to nonsense or outlandishness but stereotypes (on BOTH sides of that gender divide), while inaccurate in their sweeping generalization, don't come from nothing.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:15 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlraven View Post
As a man, I dont fall into this category AT ALL. But, why are men fascinated with women who are mostly made up to LOOK better. I mean, come on... you guys are attracted to paint, plastic, silicone and even fake hair, nails, eye color, height, and who knows what else. I, for one, find breast implants to be not only so very obvious, but absolutely a turn off. It's like going into a jewelry store, looking at all the beautiful diamonds and gold, only to come home and find out what you got is cubic zirconia and fools gold. Or looking at all those commercials on TV about Applebees or TGI Fridays or anywhere else, and what you get is like...is this the same thing I saw on the TV? We say tattoos on a woman is like graffitti on the Mona Lisa, but implants... I'll pass on that, thank you very much!
I love how you categorize all men into one category except yourself.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:24 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
The fashion industry may cater to smaller gals but men cater to boobies
Yes, I've noticed. Which proves the stereotype of who is running the fashion industry. ()

Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlraven View Post
I am simply stating that a womans beauty is all naturally given to her. Why add things and do things to substantially alter the appearance? Especially things that are so obvious, and unappealing to many people...not only me. Someone mentioned Heidi Montag in reply. And Pam Anderson. I find neither attractive at all to me. Can anyone point out anything about either one that is real and natural? Cosmetic surgeons are only in it for one reason. They would just as soon attach bigger breasts from dead women onto women if it would make money for them. Sounds sick, but not as sick as implants are and look if one really looks at them without drooling over themselves. But, men having manicures and using hairspray....even gel?!? Yikes. Steroids...is THAT a real man? Its basically a form of cheating oneself into being someone/thing they are not meant to be. Keep kicking the sand in my face on the beach, tough guy. Soon you'll be looking more wimpy and brittle than me, and we'll see who is laughing in the end!

Has it occurred to you that not everyone is beautiful and some people would like to be, inasmuch as their personal standard OR their notion of what the opposite sex prefers, thus compels them in their clumsy quest for companionship?

I'm sure there's a woman out there who looks like she makes her living allowing Mack trucks to test their bumpers and fenders on her face and she's absolutely pining for a swell, majorly enlightened dude like you to come along and just sweep her off her feet because you can see the real beauty.

But I'm also betting you wouldn't date her if a prettier gal came along, no matter how much personality and true beauty Mack-gal possessed. I may only surmise that; after all you're terribly noble. But I'd still be willing to lay money on it. Then again I'm just a mean, ol' Sasquatch who's shed his idealism and vision for a grander, kinder, gentler world. I prefer my gals natural and don't understand the modern fetish for shaving everything, but to each his/her own I guess.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Yes, I've noticed. Which proves the stereotype of who is running the fashion industry. ()
Versus Hollywood?

I have to stop now before I start publicly flirting with you.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:42 AM

548 posts, read 1,479,648 times
I often don't wear make up or jewelry. I wear simple clothes. I have a very girl next door look. I also have implants. I take care of my body through a lot of exercise and eating healthy food. I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding for 8 years. Why should I not have boobs to match the rest of me, if that is what I choose? I absolutely had the surgery for myself, but my husband enjoys them the most. They are not at all hard either.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:31 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
LOL Ok now you're just nit-picking and being silly. His words are going to be twisted and over-analyzed here when it's clear to see his meaning, the superficiality of obvious fakeness. You can still be well groomed, beautiful and take good care of yourself without becoming fake. If you want to be fake, fine, I'm just saying I'm so glad to see someone admit they can look past looks. Um, not looks, per se. That last part didn't come out right.
But what defines fake?? Having armpits hair is certainly what nature had created for us. Some may argue that shaving legs is fake since this is not how we were designed.

I don't wear any foundation, but I wear mascara, is this fake? Is this natural?

Where do you draw the line?

Bottom line is it's all in preferences. If a man likes a blonde bimbo with fake F cups boobs, bleached hair, blonde extensions, lips implants...so what?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:37 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Because men are visual. The whys and wherefores don't really matter. /lol

But there is a HUGE difference between those they want to marry and those they want to oomph.

My DH had a huge thing (no pun intended) for the Pam Anderson's and the Jenna Jamesons. BUT that was sexual, when put to the test (aka VH1s Top 100 Hundred Hotties or sumthin'), he went for the Ashley Judd's (more in tune with me). We would play who would you "do" and who would you want a relationship with?

There is absolutely no point in questioning others attraction. I get equal, though different types when I'm made up "sexy" or girl next door.

Though those that fall into my good graces like me for both.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:55 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I don't think men look for fake women - they look for pretty women and when there is plastic on them to make them pretty, well - who cares. The result is all that counts, and why not?

What is better - a woman who is "real", no make up or surgeries, looks ugly from morning to night - or - a "fake" woman who is pretty, has nice standing boobs, no wrinkles, full lips, but maybe looks not so great early in the morning?

I see what you're saying, but I have to say, I have NEVER seen a woman with pumped up lips that I thought looked good and not scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships