Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 02:43 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,763,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
Thank you all for the big welcome back, and the many blessings. ... I am also having trouble with getting used to the altitude, I feel like I have been on a drunk every night, but I am sure that in time I will get used to it. Thanks again for all the well wishes, I will check back when I can. Take care, Yorkie_Mom
Yorkie Mom, I've heard it can take from 1-3 weeks for the altitude adjustment, but it does happen!

I also heard the deep cleansing breathing helps with this process; you know, where you take in air slowly and deeply through your nose and breath out through your mouth. Remember to do this slowly, or it will put you into hyperventilation:

BTW, this same breathing technique is excellent for stress relief, and if you feel yourself welling or choking up with emotions, by breathing this way the tears quickly come out your eyes, but you don't get all stuffed up in your sinuses! It really works...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 11:52 AM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,783,209 times
Hi Yorkie,
Glad things are going okay -- there will be glitches there, just like anyplace -- go with the flow!

I lived in Colorado, too, and I remember opening a bank account when I first got there. One of the paragraphs in the brochure they gave me said: "NO, you have not become Rip Van Winkle! You are experiencing the altitude." Then it went on to explain how, as Macrina said, in a few weeks you start to acclimate. It takes about 90 days for the blood cells to actually adapt, so in 3 months, you'll be fully a high-altitude person!!

One thing I found was that once I was acclimated to the high altitude, that I LOVED living in it! In fact, when I moved to a lower elevation, I didn't like it as much. So, just hang in there! It takes time to adjust to a new town, new people, new surroundings, and a new elevation.

Just go out and keep looking at those gorgeous mountains and feel the peace of not fighting at home, and maybe that will help to counter-act things.

Good luck, and we're all waiting to hear more about "The Adventures of Yorkie-Mom....On The Road!"

Old 08-10-2007, 12:11 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
Hi everyone, just wanted to post that I am here in Colorado ad love every minute of it. My daughter also loves it and has made a couple of new friends, her new school is awesome with views of the mountains, it is just breath taking.
I have a view of the mountains when I look out my windows, this is heaven, we are doing great, and I will be back full time as soon as my daughter starts school, in the mean time I promised her I would spend some quality time with her before school starts. Her first day is the 20th of this month, so it won't be long. Tonight she is staying with one of her new friends and I wanted everyone to know we were ok and doing great!!!!
I have been busy with getting are apartment set up and also doing a lot of picture taking, everyone here is very friendly and down to earth, so we found our piece of heaven. Take care until I can get back full time, and I will be happy to be able to talk to my friends that I made here on City-Data.
I thought this would be the best place on here to post to all my friends who have stuck with me through this ordeal. I have let Hoosier and Whistera know that we are ok so they may post in other areas. I will be looking forward to talking to you all again. Take care, Yorkie
I really like Colorado, I was born in Walden and lived in Cortez for a year.
I'm glad you like it and good luck

Old 09-02-2007, 12:44 PM

791 posts, read 1,819,596 times
Talking She did it gang.....YM Did It!!!!!!!!!!!

YM,

It is SOOOOO wonderful to hear you've slayed the 'Beast'!!! You've overcome the obstacles that only a short time ago, had your heart burdened and your mind reeling. You are victorious in your quest, and proven to us all that seemingly insurmountable mountains can be conquered!!!! You Go Girl!!!

What's even better is that you are finding the peace and happiness you & your daughter deserve! Praise The Lord!!!

Thank you for keeping us posted on your success!!! Ya know...there probably isn't one person here that isn't dancing in their seats in celebration of your triumph.!!!

Let's here it for YM everyone!!!! Three cheers ...Hip Hip Hooraaaaaay, Hip Hip Hooraaaaaaay, Hip Hip Hooraaaaaaay!!!!!!!

Wishing you the best,
Boof
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships