Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 07:57 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Just the opposite. A married or seriously involved man is seen as a challenge by a woman, not to mention that he already has a "seal of approval" by already having a significant other. I've known a large number of women who were almost exclusively interested in married men.
Guys I know who got married have told me that women flirt a lot more since they've had on wedding rings, and it's not innocent flirting (harmless)...

Old 06-14-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Nonsense. A married or seriously involved man is seen as unavailable for serious involvement -- that's all. It's a challenge to some, a turnoff to most. As for that "seal of approval" thing, it makes no sense whatsoever. If some women are interested in married men, it's most likely because the relationship will be almost entirely sexual, and the man will not place significant demands on the woman's time.
Uh, I think every guy can attest to the fact that it's easier to get a woman if you already have one...

Old 06-14-2010, 08:00 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
i can't believe this is still going on lol.

OK, OP, some women are unscrupulous. So what? There are bad people in the world.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
You know betamanlet, I get the feeling that you're bringing this up b/c you finally found someone of low enough moral status that you can feel superior to them. The problem is that it's not really enough to give you self esteem that you have to put yourself above someone else. Can you not just feel good about who you are without making comparisons? There are always going to be people in the world who've made mistakes or are doing something they shouldn't--if you don't want someone like that in your life, don't invite them in. Was your friend's sister someone you wanted to date?
No, I brought it up because I thought it was someone who would never do something like that. Very good student, straight As, got multiple scholarships for college and for graduate school, yet bangs married guys.

I think some "mistakes" are unforgiveable, and going after married people is one of them. It shows horrific judgment. This person is studying to be a psychologist. What kind of counselling could this person give if they cannot even run their own life or make smart choices?

Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
i can't believe this is still going on lol.

OK, OP, some women are unscrupulous. So what? There are bad people in the world.
Most of the women I know have done this. DO I just have a bad sampling based upon the people I knew growing up? How can I have such rotten luck that i just happen to know a bunch of women who do this sort of thing? It' snot like I sought them up. They're the people I grew up with, and attended high school with..

One of them, not this one, was someone who I kind of liked when I was younger, but she was too young for me. I saw her not too long ago and she told me that she had been seeing a married guy for awhile, despite her even having had a boyfriend. I lost all respect for her. Just a complete, and total turnoff.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:05 PM

Do Single Women Seek Attached Men? - TierneyLab Blog - NYTimes.com

Old 06-14-2010, 08:09 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Guys I know who got married have told me that women flirt a lot more since they've had on wedding rings, and it's not innocent flirting (harmless)...
Hate to break it to you, but married women get hit on all the time, many times in the presence of their children or even when their husbands step away ofr a short time.

Guess who's job it is to shut someone down?- The married one's.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Hate to break it to you, but married women get hit on all the time, many times in the presence of their children or even when their husbands step away ofr a short time.

Guess who's job it is to shut someone down?- The married one's.
WOMEN get it on, all the time.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:13 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Well, I was raised with all of that girls are sugar and spice and everything nice, and growing up with a feminist mother, and Lifetime TV, and finding out that the reality of life is very different than what I was fed.
As I suspected...."mother issues"

Old 06-14-2010, 08:16 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
Quote:
WOMEN get it on, all the time.
Women get it on with Men - so what's your point exactly?

There is plenty of blame to go around but there are also plenty of faithful men & women. They're just not as exciting to talk about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships