Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 04:49 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,012 times

Advertisements

>All I am saying is that I prefer equality in relationships. And interestingly, I am seen as a villain for such preference which in the end is just me and my partner being in the same level.

There will never be true equality in romantic relationships between men and women until men also share the burden of menstruation, childbirth, nursing, and child-care and make the same career sacrifices for their families that women typically do.

If a couple wants to start a family and have children, female biology dictates that she does this during her prime wage-earning years. Just as most people are focused on establishing their careers, a a new young mother typically needs to slow down or possibly drop out in order to care for her young family. Even with the most modern of husbands, the female stills shoulders the primary responsibility in this department and makes far greater sacrifices than her spouse.

Maybe you can talk about "equality" in childless couples. But when the raising of children becomes involved, there is no such thing as equality between the sexes.

The reason why I always ran in the opposite direction whenever I came upon a man insisting on everything being 50-50 and equal in a relationship is because they do not factor in pregnancy/childbirth/infant care and career sacrifices that women make. It's like men expect that from their women and then in addition to all the above, they want everything else to be 50-50. That is a raw deal for women in the extreme.

Last edited by boodhabunny; 06-17-2010 at 05:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 04:52 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Google is not a source, and no man has ever paid my bills. I hope you and your money will be very happy, because you sure are worried about it
Google it, check out magazines, radio shows, tv shows, observe around you next time a guy takes you out, forums, etc. You'll see I am not making this stuff out. So Google is not a source?

Let's say a man does not pay your bills, but he will surely pay for your dinner, wine, vacation trip, flowers, and MOST of the expenses in the relationship. Let's not forget your engagement ring and proposal as well which you are not expected to do but just receive and enjoy . A rather sexist tradition I should say but oh well.

Money? Tell me something, how much money is it requird for a gentleman to treat you as a lady princess which no women will complain about? It doesn't cost him a penny, still, women won't offer it to men. See, no money involved. It's just courtesy that women COULD offer to a man exactly the same but rather just be the focus of that treatment. I'll give you an example of something that I find quite nice. I went out with this girl (Japanese) and as I usually do, walked her to the passenger door, opened her door, took her hand, and got her in the car. As I walked to my door, she leaned to my door, unlocked it, and pushed it over. How many calories did she burn? How much did it cost her to do that? Zilch. Still, she showed chivalry to me as well. She didn't just sit there as the typical princess. I pull her chair to sit her down in a restaurant. When the food comes, say, she grabs some bread, cuts it, puts some butter on it or whatever, prepares it, and hands it over or she will pull my chair a little while she walks to her side. I'll be talking with my friends, say, in a BBQ. I am fine just standing near the table while she gives me her seat and goes get another seat for herself or vice versa. Yes, I have gotten flowers sent to me joked later that my office was not as colorful and maybe some flowers would lighten up a little bit, a pleasant surprise I should say . I can keep going and going with examples on how women can offer chivalry as well but I am hoping you got the idea.

Women love chivalry as it makes them feel so nice, appreciated, respected, honored, and so on. Why not offer it as well? See, I am not talking about getting rid of chivalry, no no no, you will still enjoy it. I am talking about SHARING IT (equality).

Quote:
What YOU don't get is most of the women I know would not give you and your bad attitude the time of day
Bad attitude = equality .

If bad attitude means me not wanting to fulfill all their expectations then, yeah, I won't give them any of that.

Quote:
There are many young men going out with older women these days. What is that about? Isn't that what you claim all women are doing, looking for someone to pay their bills? Why do you care anyway? Let people live their lives. As I said before, don't date. Then, you will not have to worry about it, and you and your money can sleep together every night.
Once again, if you are the typical girl who enjoys having guys take you out, protect you, be a gentleman, one day propose with a nice ring, wine/dine you, etc. GOOD FOR YOU! All I am saying is that I have my preferences. I keep saying that it is not good nor bad for you to enjoy that, my preferences are different, THAT'S ALL.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
The reason why I always ran in the opposite direction whenever I came upon a man insisting on everything being 50-50 and equal in a relationship is because they do not factor in pregnancy/childbirth/infant care and career sacrifices that women make. It's like men expect that from their women and then <i>in addition to all the above</i>, they want everything else to be 50-50. That is a raw deal for women in the extreme.
It's not even just that. They're simply selfish and lacking generosity in all areas individuals I'd have nothing to do with, children or not.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:55 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
My guy loves being the protector, the provider, holding the door open for me, pulling my seat out for me and it wouldn't even occur to him to not pay the tab. He wouldn't have it any other way. He is an old-school gentleman and this is what they do.

But the problem is that women today get to be whatever they want but men are still conditioned to be old-school gentleman by funding your new lifestyle no matter how senseless it is.

That's the crux of my issue with women today. You chicks 60 years ago use to shoot guns so you could protect yourself, you made good food from scratch, you lived modestly, you also were very knowledgeable in a wide variety of things (which are now lost because spending time with your grandma is now "boring").

Fast forward today, quite frankly, many women only know the address to the nearest mall, and nail/tan salon. That's about it.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:00 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's not even just that. They're simply selfish and lacking generosity in all areas individuals I'd have nothing to do with, children or not.

Why leave? If YOU want something, go get it yourself. Oh how SIMPLE is that.

You just mad that the guy won't make life easier for you to get what you want.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:02 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times

Last edited by JBT1980; 06-17-2010 at 05:42 PM..

Old 06-17-2010, 05:03 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,012 times
Actually, now that I think about it, men should always pick up the tab for dinner because women menstruate every month. It's the least men can do and if you ask me, they are still getting the better end of the deal.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:14 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,191,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
If there were no men out there looking for these types of women, then this site would not exist.

It goes both ways.

Sugar Mama Dating Site!

But , if you keep in shape as a woman, no problem in being bombarded with hot 21 year olds that don't want your money.............hmmmm. Thank goodness I'm a woman in today's times!

Old 06-17-2010, 05:18 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
See, you can go ahead and call men selfish, dogs, etc. But have a guy come back at you and tell you "Oh yeah? Wome are money hungry whores" and that's when everybody gets a heart attack. Just like that other thread about violence. Have women be violent with men and its all cute and funny, heroic, justified, etc. Have a man retaliate and people find it oh so terrible.

Aaaanyways, as for the children. You won't have the child of every man who could approach you to take you out so using that excuse just doesn't make it.

Bunny,
Women menstruate so therefore you deserve all the freebies, romancing, chivalry, and entitlementes/priviledges of relationships that women are accustomed to? Look around you. Everything you see was put where it is thanks to men. Look at those walls around you, the street where you get to ride or drive your guy's luxurious cars, the roof on top of your head, etc. all brought to you by men, still, you won't be willing to reciprocate all the things I have already mentioned.

I'll trade your 4 - 6 day a month menstruation for a life served in a silver platter any time .

Women will come now and get upset at guys who answer back in the very same fashion women are directing themselves to guys but the ones who will be wrong will be the guys, right?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:20 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,191,801 times
BUT, if it's about money then it is NOT a relationship.It is a business matter. Clarify all specifics beforehand.........ie, x # of bjs a week and I'll pay your car payment etc....... very simple. People are just in denial about what to call that kind of arrangement. It is however, NOT a relationship. the
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships