U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:50 PM

4,805 posts, read 5,478,852 times

Advertisements

Mine wrote songs about me during the 20 years we were apart and recorded them. There's also the tattoo he got 10 years before he found me again that reads: "For Kele 4 Ever" tattooed inside of a heart.

Yeah, that did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 10:55 PM

34,185 posts, read 20,411,075 times
hmmm Key to my heart is showing you care through gestures.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:48 AM

359 posts, read 515,388 times
That isn't a key to my heart but I can melt my heart because it shows that my husband cares about me and is thinking about me.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:53 AM

5,412 posts, read 1,351,755 times
Notice that this attitude, and many things like engagements, weddings, anniversaries are all about her?

How often to men get unexpected gifts and unexpected times?

Why is it always about her?

Old 06-17-2010, 12:06 PM

16,623 posts, read 14,369,297 times
don't put your "gift" in an unexpected place at an unexpected time. things tend to go downhill when you do that.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:17 PM

11,454 posts, read 11,386,487 times
I think everyone enjoys an unexpected gift now and then. As others have stated I feel its more the gesture and knowing someone cares and is thinking of you.
An ex bf and I had a deal where when either of us went to the flea market we would buy something for the other for $3. It got rather interesting finding items the other would enjoy for $3.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:59 PM

4,805 posts, read 5,478,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Notice that this attitude, and many things like engagements, weddings, anniversaries are all about her?

Ummm...because the title of the thread is "The Key to a Woman's Heart...."

If you want it to be all about "him" start a "Key to a Man's Heart" thread. Maybe my honey will come and post about how often I surprise him with things I know he likes....new guitar strings, homemade chicken and dumplings for dinner (even though it's time consuming to prepare and by the time 3:30 in the afternoon rolls around, I've already been up for 12 hours and counting), DVR-ing programs I know he would want to see, etc.

Ever notice that the common theme in every response you post or thread you start is your own misogyny?

Old 06-17-2010, 04:02 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,043,685 times
Quote:

Mine gets them a lot. That pity pot is going to give you ring around the cheeks.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:19 PM

5,051 posts, read 2,909,445 times
Unexpected gifts can be nice of course, compared to, say, a birthday gift which you are more expected to receive.

Before going overseas I told the girl I was seeing to please listen to a radio station on a certain day and time because they were going to have some sweepstakes where I participated and I wanted to see if my name would be mentioned. Of course, that was not true . I just wanted to listen to that radio station at that certain time because I would call from overseas to that radio station tell her how much I missed her, thought about her, and couldn't wait to see again. So I did, and dedicated her a song we both liked. I told my brother to recorded the whole thing so we could keep it as a memory .

It was unexpected but something I enjoyed doing for her and she liked it too. Good memories.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:20 PM

19,081 posts, read 12,574,093 times
Quote:

Because girls rule and boys drool.

I want the unexpected gift once, a cleaning service paid by my dh from earnings he manages to get on the side. Then, I want it to be an expected weekly gift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships