U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 07-10-2010, 12:14 AM
 
Location: So Cal
8,073 posts, read 3,868,257 times
Reputation: 5569
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
He said,"I may have told her that she could get some corn, but didn`t tell her to get the peppers or tomatoes."
I`m just aggravated with the whole bunch right now.
Maybe put a scarecrow out there next time...

 
Old 07-10-2010, 12:17 AM
 
11,001 posts, read 6,960,069 times
Reputation: 8240
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
He said,"I may have told her that she could get some corn, but didn`t tell her to get the peppers or tomatoes."
I`m just aggravated with the whole bunch right now.
Yup. I would be upset as well if I was a gardener and someone or something took what I took time and care to grow.
 
Old 07-10-2010, 12:20 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
15,374 posts, read 14,292,925 times
Reputation: 21741
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Yup. I would be upset as well if I was a gardener and someone or something took what I took time and care to grow.
I know it...I would give anybody anything, if they just let me know, ya` know? Don`t go behind our backs like that...rude!
Oh well. I hope they enjoyed it.
 
Old 07-10-2010, 12:26 AM
 
11,001 posts, read 6,960,069 times
Reputation: 8240
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I know it...I would give anybody anything, if they just let me know, ya` know? Don`t go behind our backs like that...rude!
Oh well. I hope they enjoyed it.
Yeah. Now your husband knows what to do in case somebody asks. Chalk it up to a learning experience for him, and a frustrating one for you. Good thing is , there's always tomorrow.
 
Old 07-10-2010, 12:27 AM
 
3,449 posts, read 1,324,721 times
Reputation: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post




I was sitting at my desk and felt it rolling; Chow was in the car about a minute away from home and he didn't feel it.



Yeah, when I posted, I didn't know where it was centered. You guys are farther north. I think the last time we felt one, cricket didn't feel it either. I say it's your turn now.
The Rose Canyon fault line is directly under the city of sandiego and travels north directly under la jolla veres out to the sea at del mar somewhere.
Some think it links up or is an extension of the Newport fault line.
If a fault is active within 11000 years yes 11000, its considered to be...active. Rose Canyon fault is active.
The Palm Springs area seems to be very active, on the earthquake site .
Pacific Beach apparently has two mass's in opposing direction directly below. Apparently the quakes in San Diego are becomming more and more frequent over the last 50 yrs or so.
 
Old 07-10-2010, 12:27 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
15,374 posts, read 14,292,925 times
Reputation: 21741
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Yeah. Now your husband knows what to do in case somebody asks. Chalk it up to a learning experience for him, and a frustrating one for you. Good thing is , there's always tomorrow.
Thanks temp! Speaking of tomorrow....need to hit the hay! Night, night!
 
Old 07-10-2010, 01:32 AM
 
5,148 posts, read 1,702,247 times
Reputation: 2865
Why do people say "Hit the hey?" That's what horse faces should say...like that is what Jerry Seinfeld should say when he says Nite to his 18 year old girlfriends.

(not calling anyone here a horse face...just Jerry Seinfeld....remember when Kramar called him that?? Crazy ol' Kramar)
 
Old 07-10-2010, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
15,374 posts, read 14,292,925 times
Reputation: 21741
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Why do people say "Hit the hey?" That's what horse faces should say...like that is what Jerry Seinfeld should say when he says Nite to his 18 year old girlfriends.

(not calling anyone here a horse face...just Jerry Seinfeld....remember when Kramar called him that?? Crazy ol' Kramar)

You mean you have never heard that expression? I`m surprised, especially at "your age." I could have said, I`m going to "hit the sack" so I can get up before the chickens."

What about "Thats like finding a needle in a haystack?"

You must be from the city.
 
Old 07-10-2010, 05:22 PM
 
5,891 posts, read 4,504,731 times
Reputation: 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
You mean you have never heard that expression? I`m surprised, especially at "your age." I could have said, I`m going to "hit the sack" so I can get up before the chickens."

What about "Thats like finding a needle in a haystack?"

You must be from the city.
Yep, I have heard all of those and many-many-many-many more. Some clean and some dirty!LOL.......
 
Old 07-10-2010, 05:26 PM
 
17,858 posts, read 16,941,071 times
Reputation: 17625
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Why do people say "Hit the hey?"
1) It's "Hit the hay".

2) Early mattresses were often a sack stuffed with hair, hay, or some other form of padding. Hence, people would say "hit the hay" or "hit the sack"...meaning to "hit the mattress" and, presumably, to sleep.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top