U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:15 PM
 
Location: So Cal
13,997 posts, read 10,136,468 times
Reputation: 12387

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
HA HA!! I love that movie!!
I have certain favorite movies that I watch over and over again. I couldn't even begin to count how many in some cases.

 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,227 posts, read 21,985,147 times
Reputation: 23996
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I have certain favorite movies that I watch over and over again. I couldn't even begin to count how many in some cases.
Coal minors Daughter with Sissy Spacek, The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemtion, are only a few that I could watch over and over. Oh yeah, and also the Little House on the Praire series!
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:45 PM
 
Location: So Cal
13,997 posts, read 10,136,468 times
Reputation: 12387
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Coal minors Daughter with Sissy Spacek, The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemtion, are only a few that I could watch over and over. Oh yeah, and also the Little House on the Praire series!
I was about to say, no, I'm not going to say which ones cuz it'd be too embarrassing. Yeah, I liked The Green Mile, and I own Shawshank Redemption (spoiler below).

Spoiler
This really isn't much of a spoiler, but talk about a payoff in the last scene of a movie. Love that scene.


I know some of us were talking about this before -- I'm pretty sure you were one of them, yankee -- and I admitted I love the Gidget series.

I once took some classes for the heck of it at a local college. One of the classes was Film Appreciation. They showed Singing In the Rain. I grew up with that movie as a kid. My parents, and therefore I, always watched it when it was on. Anyway, I REALLY watched it this time, and as an adult, and I was just enthralled. A lot of it was nostalgia, but it's such a great movie!
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,227 posts, read 21,985,147 times
Reputation: 23996
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I was about to say, no, I'm not going to say which ones cuz it'd be too embarrassing. Yeah, I liked The Green Mile, and I own Shawshank Redemption (spoiler below).

Spoiler
This really isn't much of a spoiler, but talk about a payoff in the last scene of a movie. Love that scene.


I know some of us were talking about this before -- I'm pretty sure you were one of them, yankee -- and I admitted I love the Gidget series.

I once took some classes for the heck of it at a local college. One of the classes was Film Appreciation. They showed Singing In the Rain. I grew up with that movie as a kid. My parents, and therefore I, always watched it when it was on. Anyway, I REALLY watched it this time, and as an adult, and I was just enthralled. A lot of it was nostalgia, but it's such a great movie!
LOL..Don`t be embarrassed. Hey. I admitted to the Little House series..c`mon!
 
Old 06-20-2010, 04:59 PM
 
Location: So Cal
13,997 posts, read 10,136,468 times
Reputation: 12387
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
LOL..Don`t be embarrassed. Hey. I admitted to the Little House series..c`mon!
"My name is Sea, and I'm a Gidget-aholic."

(Chorus of voices): "Hi, Sea!"
 
Old 06-20-2010, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,227 posts, read 21,985,147 times
Reputation: 23996
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
"My name is Sea, and I'm a Gidget-aholic."

(Chorus of voices): "Hi, Sea!"
Good ol` Gidget!
 
Old 06-20-2010, 05:36 PM
 
11,672 posts, read 13,876,753 times
Reputation: 19019
I always have to stop and watch Forrest Gump when I see it on. And of course it has to be the longest movie known to man. lol. And on ALL the stinkin' time.

You know where to find me.
 
Old 06-20-2010, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,227 posts, read 21,985,147 times
Reputation: 23996
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I always have to stop and watch Forrest Gump when I see it on. And of course it has to be the longest movie known to man. lol. And on ALL the stinkin' time.

You know where to find me.
 
Old 06-20-2010, 05:45 PM
 
Location: S.Dak
19,016 posts, read 8,697,385 times
Reputation: 28513
I've watched Open Season, 3 times, since Friday! THank God, my grandson's favorite movie is no longer Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
 
Old 06-20-2010, 05:54 PM
 
Location: So Cal
38,758 posts, read 37,929,773 times
Reputation: 39576
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
I've watched Open Season, 3 times, since Friday! THank God, my grandson's favorite movie is no longer Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
Just wait til he discovers Pippy Longstocking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top