U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-20-2010, 01:20 PM

12,977 posts, read 10,277,504 times
We've had stink bugs starting to show up around here, but I haven't seen anything remotely like that picture, above. Stick bugs are annoying but harmless, so I let them be.

Old 07-20-2010, 01:44 PM

5,140 posts, read 3,053,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
We have greenhead flies here, probably the most vicious fly that exists on this planet. Luckily, they only exist near the salt marsh areas. Their bite feels exactly like being stabbed by a thumbtack. Makes mosquito bites feel like a Swedish massage.

The Greenhead and You - Atlantic County Government

I sometimes drive through the salt marsh near my house, and hundreds of them viciously swarm my truck. I give them the finger.
LOL

I'll try not to complain too much about the mosquitoes!

Old 07-20-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
Ohhh, man. I was in Virginia during the last cicada emergence. I think it was the 17 year swarm. It was like a Biblical plague. They were dropping out of trees by the dozen and landing on my head. They are harmless, but they grip your skin for dear life and are ugly as sin. And they were the size of a freakin' cell phone. Crazy.
Gross! I could do without ever experiencing that.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:58 PM

8,047 posts, read 3,853,930 times
**sob** They just towed our old car away...

Old 07-20-2010, 04:07 PM

5,004 posts, read 5,124,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
**sob** They just towed our old car away...
Awwww...light a candle.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 PM

3,035 posts, read 3,581,439 times
Sigh. I only wish I had your insect problems. Union Federal, the flies we experience in rural NSW feel like a red hot poisonous thumbtack when they bite. The mosquitos here....well I bet they could airlift a small child. Good thing there are so many deadly spiders here, b/c they're good at keeping some of the 'skeeters at bay. Some of the fatter spiders are kept in check by the red-bellied black snakes, occasionally by the more deadly brown snake. Don't get me started on the dingoes..

Right now in the dead of winter, we only have to worry about being turned out of our home by mice. One peeked over the top of the drapes as we were watching "Mystic River" on DVD, but I think he'd already seen it.

This is getting like Monty Python..."you lived in a shoebox?? when I was young we didn't have anything so luxurious"!

Old 07-20-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Awwww...light a candle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Sigh. I only wish I had your insect problems. Union Federal, the flies we experience in rural NSW feel like a red hot poisonous thumbtack when they bite. The mosquitos here....well I bet they could airlift a small child. Good thing there are so many deadly spiders here, b/c they're good at keeping some of the 'skeeters at bay. Some of the fatter spiders are kept in check by the red-bellied black snakes, occasionally by the more deadly brown snake. Don't get me started on the dingoes..

Right now in the dead of winter, we only have to worry about being turned out of our home by mice. One peeked over the top of the drapes as we were watching "Mystic River" on DVD, but I think he'd already seen it.

This is getting like Monty Python..."you lived in a shoebox?? when I was young we didn't have anything so luxurious"!
LOL!

Mosquitos eat me alive, too, but luckily haven't had a problem yet this summer. Ours are just "normal" mosquitos, though, I guess.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:22 PM

[quote=jacq63;15123558]Sigh. I only wish I had your insect problems. Union Federal, the flies we experience in rural NSW feel like a red hot poisonous thumbtack when they bite. The mosquitos here....well I bet they could airlift a small child. Good thing there are so many deadly spiders here, b/c they're good at keeping some of the 'skeeters at bay. Some of the fatter spiders are kept in check by the red-bellied black snakes, occasionally by the more deadly brown snake. Don't get me started on the dingoes..

This is getting like Monty Python..."you lived in a shoebox?? when I was young we didn't have anything so luxurious"![/quote]

Of course not! We walked barefoot to school in the middle of a blizzard, 10 miles each way. LOL

Old 07-20-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Of course not! We walked barefoot to school in the middle of a blizzard, 10 miles each way. LOL
Uphill both ways.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Uphill both ways.
Yeah, I don't know how I forgot that part. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships