U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-21-2010, 07:23 PM
 
5,148 posts, read 3,856,421 times
Reputation: 2865

Advertisements

He's 85 lbs and doesn't want to sit in there. You know how wet you get bathing a big dog that doesn't like shampoo?? It can wait until he goes to the groomers.

 
Old 07-21-2010, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Mountains of Oregon
14,876 posts, read 15,865,782 times
Reputation: 9934
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I do. And fish oil. And beer. He drinks a beer a week.

For large 4 legged Pal's that have arthritis problems i've given them 'Next Level' joint fluid. It's actually fer horses but it had really helped my Skeeter,especially. I just gave her a very small portion in a bowl of food daily.
 
Old 07-21-2010, 07:28 PM
 
5,148 posts, read 3,856,421 times
Reputation: 2865
He doesn't have joint problems, yet. But I want to see to it he never does. He's only 5.
 
Old 07-21-2010, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Mountains of Oregon
14,876 posts, read 15,865,782 times
Reputation: 9934
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
He doesn't have joint problems, yet. But I want to see to it he never does. He's only 5.

My Skeeter was 120lbs. She started having some joint problems when she was about 10. She lived to 14. She was a rottie, lab
, shepherd mix. A Wonderful Loving Friend i Loved Dearly.
 
Old 07-21-2010, 08:01 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,227 posts, read 20,941,502 times
Reputation: 23964
I always feel so sorry for this dog that I see once a week. Its a dog, of a patient of mine, and she (owner)is as sweet as she can be, this cocker-spaniel is wayyyy over-weight. He fell off the balcony about 3 months ago, broke his leg. She spent like 2 grand on this dog to fix his leg, etc..but he still gets down, and can`t get back up.
She ask me today, if I could give her some advice on what to do for him, in the same sentence that she told me she was feeding him chicken, etc..he had a full bowl of food, but she continued to tell me that he won`t eat.
I told her that she needs to put the dog on a diet. The dog knows that he needs to lose weight, and that may be why he is not eating.
 
Old 07-21-2010, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Mountains of Oregon
14,876 posts, read 15,865,782 times
Reputation: 9934
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I always feel so sorry for this dog that I see once a week. Its a dog, of a patient of mine, and she (owner)is as sweet as she can be, this cocker-spaniel is wayyyy over-weight. He fell off the balcony about 3 months ago, broke his leg. She spent like 2 grand on this dog to fix his leg, etc..but he still gets down, and can`t get back up.
She ask me today, if I could give her some advice on what to do for him, in the same sentence that she told me she was feeding him chicken, etc..he had a full bowl of food, but she continued to tell me that he won`t eat.
I told her that she needs to put the dog on a diet. The dog knows that he needs to lose weight, and that may be why he is not eating.

A lot of times an older dog won't have a good appetite if they aren't active & can't run around some land & explore,play...

My Skeet was a Big girl but she had a lot of muscle & could jump up into my pickup until she was about 13, then i made her a ramp.

 
Old 07-21-2010, 10:20 PM
 
6,076 posts, read 5,765,708 times
Reputation: 6351
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I do. And fish oil. And beer. He drinks a beer a week.
Just don't let him drive.
 
Old 07-21-2010, 10:21 PM
 
5,148 posts, read 3,856,421 times
Reputation: 2865
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Just don't let him drive.
He's a dog. He lacks the ability to read, judgment, and opposable thumbs, needed to drive.

(I'm cranky without the lady in red to calm me down)
 
Old 07-21-2010, 10:24 PM
 
6,076 posts, read 5,765,708 times
Reputation: 6351
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
He's a dog. He lacks the ability to read, judgment, and opposable thumbs, needed to drive.

(I'm cranky without the lady in red to calm me down)
Geez........sorrrrrrrrrrrrry!
 
Old 07-22-2010, 08:23 AM
 
5,148 posts, read 3,856,421 times
Reputation: 2865
Hey Chessiemom,
My mom met a real nice guy off of an online dating site. So I guess they aren't all bad...at least yet. No reason to rough this guy up, yet. Although he did pay for airline tickets for me, which was a little bit "trying too hard."

I guess it is a good alternative, to people over 40, as they really are busier, and more mature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top