Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 12:41 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The fact that some men do not treat all women like prostitutes may indeed say something about the woman. I suppose it goes along the lines of how we allow people to treat us or smelling the stench of such men a mile away. One thing tools don't seem to realize is that many wear their idiocy on their sleeves for all to see.
The fact that all men who are in traditional relationships are engaging in socially sanctioned prostitution does say something about both men and women. One thing slüts in all their imbecilic delirium tend not to realize is that they dont have a monopoly on sex exchanged for money.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:45 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
That "fückin" means that if he isnt investing money or his resources (Im sure you know what resources mean), in traditional courtship, that signaled that he had very limited interest in her.
No -- it is for you to define your own terms. Now, let's try this again: What does it mean to invest "resources" as opposed to investing money?

Quote:
And like I said, what you do in your personal life is your own business.
Yes it is.

Quote:
I cant say those men are heart broken or even care at all over your inclination towards what you think of them.
Of course they don't. They would need to have hearts -- and brains -- and they have neither.

Quote:
Probably thanking their lucky stars you dont have an inclination towards them. you know?
Quite the contrary. I think they rather like to imagine that women the world over are weeping over being deprived of their crappy company. I see evidence of that wish-fulfillment in this very forum every day. And when they are told otherwise, they become exquisitely angry and bitter.

Quote:
If Im looking pathetic, then you're the only one looking pitiful...6 in one hand half a dozen in the other.

Nice of you to completely not have a point. Im sure thats one of the few things you do understand.
If wisdom grew on trees, you'd be a bush.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:45 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
This is a reality that I notice not to many people are able to acknowledge. Traditional courtship/dating/relationships have always been nothing more than socially sanctioned prostitution. The only difference has been that one is openly viewed as morally bankrupt, while courtship is viewed as a necessary means to an end.
It is also called chivalry I guess.

Another form of sanctioned prostitution is in relationships where the wife won't have sex with the husband until he takes her shopping, on vacation trips, gives her money, etc. Anything that is exchanged for sex is prostitution. Still, marital prostitution seems acceptable too.

Quote:
"Invested his resources"? Wtf does that mean?? Broadening definitions as we go, I see. So now, making any effort in order to be liked, even by just being pleasant, is considered the equivalent of paying money for sex? The only one who looks pathetic here is you.
Redisca,
So you never heard of the so called society rules/traditions when it comes to dating/going out/relationships and what women expect from a man? Are there women out there who would really behave as equals? Sure, there are always exceptions but they are just that, exceptions. If you are the kind of woman who would approach a complete stranger, initiate, start a conversation, and later on giving him your phone number and asking him for his, asking him out, picking him up, making reservations in a restaurant, taking him home, taking care of dating expenses, later proposing, buying him a ring, etc. Then how nice of you. You would be a bit against society rules/traditions.

Quote:
Furthermore, the problem that people like you and onihc have is that you give yourselves too much credit for every little thing that you do to secure sexual partners -- but you consistently and deliberately ignore everything that women do towards the same goal
It's nice how women can smile on a date, giggle on the table, send a smiley on a text message, and cute things like that. I have mentioned how some girls have done lots of things as well who totally make my heart smile. Then again, they are asian and have different traditions that I find quite nice when it comes to relationships. Not saying its better or worse, just different. I go out with western women too regardless. If I ignored what they did, I wouldn't even think of going out with them again.

Quote:
I agree with you that most women don't deserve men who only care about their own sexual release
That's right. Same thing with men who are with women who see sex as a chore o something to reward men with ("acceptable prostitution") or see men as their personal walking ATM.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:50 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
The fact that all men who are in traditional relationships are engaging in socially sanctioned prostitution does say something about both men and women. One thing slüts in all their imbecilic delirium tend not to realize is that they dont have a monopoly on sex exchanged for money.
Sluts? As in who? So, I met my husband and he bought me a drink. That makes me a s.lut. I'm putting him through college, so that makes him a bigger s.lut. I guess everybody and their mother are just sluts.

Eh, if that's your approach in life, enjoy. It reads miserable as all hell to me, but it's par for the course with troubled souls.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Quite the contrary. I think they rather like to imagine that women the world over are weeping over being deprived of their crappy company. I see evidence of that wish-fulfillment in this very forum every day. And when they are told otherwise, they become exquisitely angry and bitter.
So true.

Quote:
That should be on a card or bumper sticker. Hilarious.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:54 PM

[quote=Redisca;15592256]
Quote:
No -- it is for you to define your own terms. Now, let's try this again: What does it mean to invest "resources" as opposed to investing money?
Dont "try" to understand what resources are again....DO it.

Quote:
Yes it is.
Glad we can agree .

Quote:
Of course they don't. They would need to have hearts -- and
brains -- and they have neither.
As would the person who thinks about them...luckily you and they are birds of the same feather.
Quote:
Yes, I recall another poster saying something similar about the women who have some sort of lowly opinion of men who visit prostitutes. That they were just bitter and angry that those men didnt choose them...who knows which one of you is right..

Quote:
Thanks and you'd surely be a desert.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Sluts? As in who? So, I met my husband and he bought me a drink. That makes me a s.lut. I'm putting him through college, so that makes him a bigger s.lut. I guess everybody and their mother are just sluts.

Eh, if that's your approach in life, enjoy. It reads miserable as all hell to me, but it's par for the course with troubled souls.
Sluts as in..er um sluts..Why are you talking about your husband?..why are you inferring anything personal from my post?

Bah, who really cares, and who cares how it reads to you or anyone else on the interwebz...no one's opinion on here really matters in the grand scheme of things anyway...However, I must confess that many female poster's seem bitter and lame to me...but hey, who am I to judge?..more importantly, why care?

Old 08-23-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Another form of sanctioned prostitution is in relationships where the wife won't have sex with the husband until he takes her shopping, on vacation trips, gives her money, etc. Anything that is exchanged for sex is prostitution. Still, marital prostitution seems acceptable too.
Oh, really? If simply being a decent, attentive, loving husband makes a woman want to have sex with you, is that prostitution as well? Or must a woman prove her honesty by having sex with an ***hole?

Quote:
Redisca,
So you never heard of the so called society rules/traditions when it comes to dating/going out/relationships and what women expect from a man? Are there women out there who would really behave as equals? Sure, there are always exceptions but they are just that, exceptions. If you are the kind of woman who would approach a complete stranger, initiate, start a conversation, and later on giving him your phone number and asking him for his, asking him out, picking him up, making reservations in a restaurant, taking him home, taking care of dating expenses, later proposing, buying him a ring, etc. Then how nice of you. You would be a bit against society rules/traditions.
We all have expectations. I expect a man I sleep with to be a good human being. According to you and solytare, that makes me a s l u t. Right? Approaching a woman is not the same as paying money for sex. Having conversation with a woman is not the same as paying money for sex. Asking for a woman's phone number is not the same as paying money for sex. Making reservations at a restaurant is not the same as paying money for sex. Taking a woman home is not the same as paying money for sex. You may not like doing any of it -- but your claim that it's "prostitution" is beyond ludicrous.

Quote:
It's nice how women can smile on a date, giggle on the table, send a smiley on a text message, and cute things like that. I have mentioned how some girls have done lots of things as well who totally make my heart smile. Then again, they are asian and have different traditions that I find quite nice when it comes to relationships. Not saying its better or worse, just different. I go out with western women too regardless. If I ignored what they did, I wouldn't even think of going out with them again.
Everything you described sound pretty juvenile to me, but hey, to each his own. Plenty of men find giggling, cutesy texting, and all that other kawaii crap, especially in women over 18, irritating in the extreme. However, your suggestion that Western women don't smile, converse or communicate on dates utterly ludicrous as well. By the way, if you smile, what's your effort worth exactly, in dollars? Just curious.

Quote:
That's right. Same thing with men who are with women who see sex as a chore o something to reward men with ("acceptable prostitution") or see men as their personal walking ATM.
Oh, let's be honest here. Most men in these forums need not worry about being anybody's ATM.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Sluts as in..er um sluts..Why are you talking about your husband?..why are you inferring anything personal from my post?
Well, I just relay what I see in my own life. You guys get your panties in a bunch over buying a drink. My point is that lasting relationships often result in the exchange of monies, time, and effort on the part of everyone. But, if you don't want to buy dinners, drinks, etc, then don't go to bars, restaurants, etc. There are all kinds of things to do with all kinds of people.

Quote:
Bah, who really cares, and who cares how it reads to you or anyone else on the interwebz...no one's opinion on here really matters in the grand scheme of things anyway...However, I must confess that many female poster's seem bitter and lame to me...but hey, who am I to judge?..more importantly, why care?
It is true, nobody cares. In the end, for me at least, the many issues that surface out of the male-lonely-hearts club on the net is simply a matter of shock value entertainment. Like I've said in the past, interactive reality tv.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:10 PM

[quote=solytaire;15592401]
Quote:
Dont "try" to understand what resources are again....DO it.
Very well. "Resources" as you use that word, is a meaningless term. You were so eager to define all women as prostitutes, you just picked the first word that popped into your head in order to apply the definition to women who don't get paid to have sex.

Quote:
As would the person who thinks about them...luckily you and they are birds of the same feather.
Oh, now you are confused. One minute you are praising them, the next you are trying to insult me by saying they are just like me. Make up your mind, you fickle creature. What are you, a girl?

Quote:
Yes, I recall another poster saying something similar about the women who have some sort of lowly opinion of men who visit prostitutes. That they were just bitter and angry that those men didnt choose them...who knows which one of you is right..
I know which one of us is right. I am right and that poster is wrong.

By that poster's theory, women who weren't interested in being murdered by Ted Bundy were just bitter and angry that he didn't choose them.

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks and you'd surely be a desert.
A desert can at least have occasional trees. But a bush will never be a tree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships