Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 07:18 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
I will tell you what though, I don't see how guys who own cats get singled out as emasculine while guys who own little whiney dogs get a free pass? What's up with that?
In my experience, they don't. As far as "judging from others" is concerned, in my circle, "small dog" is the same as "cat". As I mentioned, it's never bothered me...I love all animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 03:41 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,019 times
I currently have 2 dogs and 4 cats. Before I got married to second wife I had one cat that I had for 18 years. She was so awesome. When I had a revolving door on my bed, she would attack the feet of the women that had spend the night on any given morning. It helped them start their day quickly. After my first wife and I got married, it took that cat three months before she quit attacking my wife's feet. HAHAHA I miss that cat!

Old 01-30-2014, 04:01 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
I like cats and dogs.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:09 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
There's something wrong with guys liking cats? News to me.

John Lennon, Robert E. Lee, Winston Churchill, Albert Einstein, Ernest Hemingway, Marlon Brando, Steve Martin, Jay Leno and George Burns to name a few historical and famous men all loved cats and commented about them. What's not to love?

Old 01-30-2014, 04:28 PM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
I currently have 2 dogs and 4 cats. Before I got married to second wife I had one cat that I had for 18 years. She was so awesome. When I had a revolving door on my bed, she would attack the feet of the women that had spend the night on any given morning. It helped them start their day quickly. After my first wife and I got married, it took that cat three months before she quit attacking my wife's feet. HAHAHA I miss that cat!
LoL that's hilarious!

Old 01-30-2014, 04:40 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,482,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotStove View Post
Often times I see that guys not only hate cats but think it's flat out wrong for guys (especially straight guys) to own them. My question is why? My parents own 2 cats (yes, I live at home, but I'm only 19 and in college) and while my mom loves them, my dad hates them. I like them and one of them often sleeps in my room.

The only reason why I think guys might not like them is cause they don't respond to alpha male behavior the way dogs do. I like both cats and dogs and don't get that caught up in comparisons between the 2 because they're completely different from each other.

For all you females out there, how do you view straight males who like cats? Does it seem odd to you or do you like it?

My main question is what's unusual about straight guys who like cats?
I do not like cats. I think it is odd to see a man stroking a cat and walking a chihuahua.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:09 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
I have a rottie/lab & 2 german shepherd beloved pals......& 3 mountain cat beloved pals......

my lady has her home & four- legged pals a few mountains over from here...

Old 01-30-2014, 05:34 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,288 times
Real men like cats.

Just kidding.

I personally love cats, I love that they are low maintenance, keep themselves clean and don't want attention 24/7. I am fine with a man liking cats. I am fine with a man not liking cats as long as it doesn't impact me in any way.

I think the notion that there is something wrong if a man likes cats is just absurd.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:38 PM

15 posts, read 15,212 times
I personally dislike cats , they are evil! I wouldn't care if the guy liked cats or not, but I don't want one in my house.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:55 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,282 times
Tons of my buddies have cats. They're easier to own; more independent!

They're pretty appealing for people who love animals but have schedules that are not dog-friendly.

Only insecure men worry about looking 'gay.'

Personally, I'm not a fan of cats.. But to each their own! I like to play with them but wouldn't want one in my house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships