Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:35 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
In light of the comments here, the guy revised the ad to read:

Me: Single white male, 25, seeking long-term relationship and prospect of marriage with SWF, 18-22. I'm a spiritual and religious person, a lofty and intellectual Ph.D. candidate at American World University. I measure 5'9", about 200 lbs. and I plan to loose it soon.

You: Equally lofty. Must have at least a "C" cup size, but a "D" or larger preferred and be between 5'1" and 5'5" and not be a BBW. Sorry, I'm just not into obese women.

E-mail me back with a picture and short bio. You must include a REAL picture, because authenticity is genuine. Thanks.
How did he grow 2" in such short time?

ETA: and he already lost 20 lbs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 07:27 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,275 times
Quote:

Me: Single white male, 25, seeking long-term relationship and prospect of marriage with SWF, 18-22. I'm a spiritual and religious person, a lofty and intellectual Ph.D. candidate at American World University. I measure 5'9", about 200 lbs. and I plan to loose it soon.

You: Equally lofty. Must have at least a "C" cup size, but a "D" or larger preferred and be between 5'1" and 5'5" and not be a BBW. Sorry, I'm just not into obese women.

E-mail me back with a picture and short bio. You must include a REAL picture, because authenticity is genuine. Thanks.
Lofty can mean elevated in character. It can also mean affecting grandness, pompous, arrogant or haughty. I'd guess the latter.

"I plan to loose it soon."? Is he about to go off the deep end? I know he means lose, instead of loose. He should fix that if he's going to brag about his intellect. I assume he's talking about losing weight; but, again, if he's so smart, he should pay a little more attention to how he structures his sentences.

Authenticity is genuine? Well, yes. Authentic and genuine are synonyms. And, why is he demanding authenticity from her when he's lying about his height and weight?

Old 06-25-2010, 08:35 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
"I plan to lose the weight soon - I promise!! But you should already have done so."

Will he take responses from flat-chested chicks who promise to get implants?

How about the chick with a GED, but will enroll in community college and promises soon to become "lofty"?

And what kind of education did this guy end up with that he writes "you equally lofty?"

Lofty is such a bizarre choice of words... maybe well educated... upwardly mobile, but lofty?!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:14 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:

I'm feeling snarky so let me help:

Me: SWM, 25, seeking long-term relationship with SWF, 18-22 (you can already get the gist of my personality be my overly restrictive age requirements). I'm a spiritual and religious person (and now you can tell I have no real interest in either or understanding, because if religion were truly important to me I would actually tell you what my religion is), lofty and intellectual (I'm telling you that because it is not apparent from my grammar, sentence structure, or vocabulary). I'm fat, but you should date me anyways, because despite the fact that I haven't been able to lose the weight to date, it's only a matter of time. (Have doubts? I used to weigh more AND be shorter)

You: Delusions of grandeur (we need to have things in common!!). Be petite with REALLy big ta-ta's (I TOLD you I was an intellectual). No fatties - I don't like people who look like me.

E-mail me back with a picture and short bio. You must include a REAL picture, because authenticity is genuine. (Ok so that is redundant, but I TOLD you I'm intellectual. That's so you could ignore all the evidence to the contrary.)

There I fixed it for. Kthnxbbye.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:22 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,123,645 times
This post was a joke. Thanks to all for participating! I thought you'd get a laugh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships