Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:38 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times

Advertisements

My word is my bond. I don't have to be emotional to do what I see as my duty.

I work hard at my job--but it isn't for "emotional" reasons, it is because it is what I see as "right".

By the way, I'm sorry if it seemed as if I was insinuating that you, personally, were promiscuous. That is what I see in society, but it isn't intended specifically against anyone here. I don't know any of you personally, so I could not make that judgement unless I did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 03:55 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
That means that in YOUR opinion, the woman is a tease. But if nothing was ever intended by it, there is no "teasing". That's why I asked--do women give signals that they don't intend to give. What's the difference?

The clearest signal is also the most direct--come out and just say what you mean. Problem solved. Tell the guy you find him interesting and would like to spend more time with him. No room for misinterpretation.
If that's what you need from a woman, then you should stop analyzing interpersonal relationships and asking questions about things like this, and instead just assume that a woman is not interested unless and until she says so.

You will most likely miss opportunities because the world is not going to stop spinning on its romantic, flirtatious little axis to cater to your inability to interpret or enjoy the finer points of social interaction, but at least you won't have to do any guesswork.

So, if she doesn't say "TKramar, I find you interesting and would like to spend more time with you," she wants nothing to do with you and you should leave her alone.

There: Simple, direct, and we all get to stop slogging through inane threads like this one.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:19 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
You will most likely miss opportunities because the world is not going to stop spinning on its romantic, flirtatious little axis to cater to your inability to interpret or enjoy the finer points of social interaction, but at least you won't have to do any guesswork.
(You must spread some reputation around before repping Avienne again.)

Old 06-27-2010, 05:34 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
So you admit that there are women who flirt without meaning anything by it? If so, I rest my case.
Yes, they do. Don't ever try to figure it out because you won't be able to. It's part of "the game" and only they know the answer. What fun it must be to pinch a guys a** and give him a crotch rub only to spit in his face when he takes it seriously! Smile and move on, that really hits a nerve with the teases!LMAO......... But wait...............

Old 06-27-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
If that's what you need from a woman, then you should stop analyzing interpersonal relationships and asking questions about things like this, and instead just assume that a woman is not interested unless and until she says so.

So, if she doesn't say "TKramar, I find you interesting and would like to spend more time with you," she wants nothing to do with you and you should leave her alone.

There: Simple, direct, and we all get to stop slogging through inane threads like this one.
Eh, I find it easy to let the women make the first move. I don't bother, personally, trying to figure them out. Too complicated.

This was for everyone else's edification, not mine.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:22 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Eh, I find it easy to let the women make the first move. I don't bother, personally, trying to figure them out. Too complicated.

This was for everyone else's edification, not mine.
You are spot on with that one. The type of women good guys want makes an equal effort in the chase and doesn't play schoolyard games!

Old 06-27-2010, 08:05 PM

549 posts, read 1,379,777 times
Quote:
My word is my bond. I don't have to be emotional to do what I see as my duty.

I work hard at my job--but it isn't for "emotional" reasons, it is because it is what I see as "right".

By the way, I'm sorry if it seemed as if I was insinuating that you, personally, were promiscuous. That is what I see in society, but it isn't intended specifically against anyone here. I don't know any of you personally, so I could not make that judgement unless I did.
Your duty? Wow, a commitment is not a 'duty'. It is something that you WANT to be in because you have an emotional connection with a woman and she you. The way to have an emotional connection with a woman is to let her know that you are loving and loyal (not a duty). Once she can TRUST you, she can relax and open up to you on a deeper, emotional level and love you.

Let's face it, women are emotional creatures. Some of us can deny it and some of us are overwhelmed with it. But if a man is patient and attentive to the emotional needs, women appreciate that more than a man can ever comprehend.

No issues on the promiscuous issue. I'm not, though I think most men are, but that's just my hang up.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:14 PM

Yet to me, I see commitment as a duty. Being exclusive is something that I need to do.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:41 AM

570 posts, read 882,207 times
Do women ever use the following as a sign they want you to be interested in them or to flaunt their assets to you?

When women interlock their fingers, and reach their arms back over their head, stretching back, and their chest aims upwards showing the nice figure of their breasts?

Is it just a stretch always? Or do they do it on purpose sometimes? That stretch is really hot either way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships