Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:32 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
Oh, & 'bout guys bein' players, pickup lines is a big redflag. If y'all ladies don't pick up on them sad excuses for men, I don't know what to tell ya.

Hi rebelwoman,

You are fooling yourself. Successful players don't look like players. They don't use lame pick up lines. What you may be getting is someone trying to become one or some working stiff who finally got his promotion doing something he does not usually do. The only way to get that experience is to be pumped and dumped a 100 times and then you might see some patterns. He already has done that and is way ahead of you . Your only defense is time. The only other possibility is you are so hot you convert him in which case you may never know. I sit right next to a married X-player.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 09:48 AM

389 posts, read 777,044 times
Oh, I didn't know you wanted to talk 'bout the wannabe players. In that case, your right. But a real player won't get married, unless he plans to cheat, & is so full of himself that he won't change for anyone. & yes, real players use pickup lines. That's just an irritating part of their cockiness.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
If you're good at reading and quickly assessing personalities, you can usually tell if someone is a player -that is, in my experience anyway.
Just because someone is good looking doesn't mean they're a player. If they are good looking and KNOW it, that may indicate otherwise. Typically those who know they are good looking relish in the fact that they get a lot of attention and use it to their advantage. Again, this is just my own experience and opinion.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:09 AM

389 posts, read 777,044 times
Well, that's true. If a man (even woman) knows they're drop-dead gorges, they get really cocky. That's what usually leads to people becomin' players. Still, if they're ugly as hell but they like to think they're hot, that can make them look confident which can be a turn on to some people. They might not get as many plays as the good-lookin' ones, though.

But no, looks doesn't have much to do with it. It's all 'bout concededness.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:15 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Well I think he's right on the money. If a woman's gotta big old purse, fancy lookin' clothes, lots of makeup on, or pretty necklaces and earrings all over 'er, (all of these things @ once is horrible,) she's high-maintenance & a total ***** who expects a sugar daddy who'll spoil the **** out of her & then turn right around & cheat on his ass in return. Stay away from 'em, I know what they'll do. I used to be that way back when I's 'bout 19 or 20, minus the fancy ****, & I'll assure ya darlin', they could give a **** less 'bout you.
Soooooooo............preferring not to look like an unmade bed makes a gal a player?

Old 06-23-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Oh, I didn't know you wanted to talk 'bout the wannabe players. In that case, your right. But a real player won't get married, unless he plans to cheat, & is so full of himself that he won't change for anyone. & yes, real players use pickup lines. That's just an irritating part of their cockiness.

Hi rebelwoman,

Actually you brought wannabe it up. If you can detect a pick up, he is a wannabe. According to one married former player I know, he doesn't cheat. There is no archetype "player". We are talking about humans and even so called "players"(men who have slept with lots of women) do fall in love. They may more often fall in love with more than one woman. Still, some do seem to mellow with age. My point is there is no reliable short term way to see it coming.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Soooooooo............preferring not to look like an unmade bed makes a gal a player?

Hi kshe95girl,

I agree the dress has nothing to do with it. It has to do with behavior; and by female player, I assume we are talking about gold digging since no man will feel played by having sex with a well dressed woman.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:43 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi kshe95girl,

I agree the dress has nothing to do with it. It has to do with behavior; and by female player, I assume we are talking about gold digging since no man will feel played by having sex with a well dressed woman.
While one may be well dressed, that doesnt mean they are a gold digger, but I do agree that manner of dress has nothing to do with whether one is a player or not!

Old 06-23-2010, 11:48 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
i've had a lot of friends, acquaintances, drinking buddies, that fit the mold. there is a pattern here.

A player is a guy who uses the false pretenses of a 'serious relationship,' long enough to gain a girl's interest, and have plenty of sex. When he's bored of that, he will either disappear with a lame reason, or he will pull some stunt (cheating, behaving like a jackass, etc) so the girl in question will break up with him.

Occasionally his stunt won't be demeaning enough for the girl to get the picture. In that case, he will just keep banging her, telling his friends about "this sl*t he knows", while he looks for someone else at the bar. Meanwhile, she cries to all her friends about how terrible he treats her (right before she txts him for a booty call). I have seen this a million times.

Ways to avoid this are pretty simple, certainly not rocket science. My experience is that women who fall for 'players' are rarely being tricked, they like the drama, the attention, the sex, and the charismatic guy chasing them.

Last edited by le roi; 06-23-2010 at 12:02 PM..

Old 06-23-2010, 11:53 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
since no man will feel played by having sex with a well dressed woman.
Ha-ha, yeah, such complainers are hard to come by. It's more like: please play me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships