Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2010, 07:33 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
This is simply some bitter, delusion. I am 6'2", and not 1 woman that I've ever been on a date with, has stated that my height was a reason why.
Not entirely true; a classmate who I thought was gorgeous said she would not date short men because she didn't want her kids to be short like her. She was about 5'3" & she told me her parents were short also. To this logic I replied "How can you be so sure your DNA traits won't be the dominate ones?"

Old 08-29-2010, 07:57 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,535 times
Having short man's syndrome and referring to women as "used" and "second-pickings" doesn't help

Old 08-29-2010, 08:22 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Not entirely true; a classmate who I thought was gorgeous said she would not date short men because she didn't want her kids to be short like her. She was about 5'3" & she told me her parents were short also. To this logic I replied "How can you be so sure your DNA traits won't be the dominate ones?"
I believe both parents contribute to height. Based on this, girls tend to be close to the mother's height and boy's to the father. Although, clearly that's not always the case. My mother is 4'8 and my biological father is/was 6'1. I ended up 5'4 and my twin brother around 5'10/11. If she had children with a much shorter man we would both would have been shorter. My grandmother is 5'1 and my grandfather was 5'1/2. Their two daughters were 4'8 and 5'1. I think my mother ended up so short due to environmental factors, like nutrition.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:26 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Im only 5'8 on a good day which is short but not extremely short..Im sure theres women who wouldnt date me because of my height just like some womenn might not be into my face or the color of my hair..

I seriously doubt all women refuse to date non tall guys or guys on the shorter side..

Unless youre extremely short if you have a decent face and arent a social retard unless you live in the land of the giants you shouldnt have a problem finding somebody..

Old 08-29-2010, 08:37 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
The way I see it, if a woman is that shallow she's not worth dating. It's just another way to eliminate them and prevent later (and probably more major) problems later down the track. See it as a sort of blessing in disguise.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:42 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,898,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Im only 5'8 on a good day which is short but not extremely short..Im sure theres women who wouldnt date me because of my height just like some womenn might not be into my face or the color of my hair..

I seriously doubt all women refuse to date non tall guys or guys on the shorter side..

Unless youre extremely short if you have a decent face and arent a social retard unless you live in the land of the giants you shouldnt have a problem finding somebody..

Im 5'8.25 and 5'9 is average so you're fine

Old 08-29-2010, 09:12 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan Dive View Post
Im 5'8.25 and 5'9 is average so you're fine

Im actually 5'71/2 to be fair but thats not that short

Old 08-29-2010, 09:49 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCrowley View Post
I am 5'5 1/2. I know my height has kept me from getting many women. I am one year shy of a PhD, own property, a nice car, am assertive, and have accomplished a lot. However, society looks down on short men. No matter how much a short man has, the 6 ft bus driver, or 6'3 ice cream man will always do better with the ladies, than the 5'3 guy who is a cardiologist. Many women, even the shortest ones all have 6 foot requirements and will come up with every excuse in the book why a short man is not a real man.

I then came across this:
YouTube - Dr Paley: Cosmetic Limb Lengthening Surgery

I am now considering limb lengthening to go to at least 5'9. The $70,000 cost seems to paltry compared the benefits which may ensue.
I don't think it's the height that is holding you back. I have known men who are 5'3" with less qualifications who have dated women who are 5'7". Just date short asian women. I completely disagree with you about the bus driver or ice cream man comparisons...

I am a tall female who would date a guy that is equal height or shorter. Cuz I'm taller, my lower limit would probably be 5'5". But most women are shorter than me and I've seen them date short guys below 5'5" too. The more brilliant the guy, the less I'd care about the height.

No short guys have ever asked me out though, LOL! I think it is because they are intimidated by academic achievements, not just because of the height factor.

If you are a phd you'd know the risks and benefits of undergoing the procedure. I wouldn't necessarily discourage anyone from doing it since in the past I've wanted to have the surgery too, so I could be insanely tall and become a supermodel. Now I realize it's kinda stupid for me as a female to want something like that.

For a man, I could understand how much easier it would make your life. BUT.... consider this. At some point you are going to have to tell your date that you've had this surgery. What is she going to think? You are going to have a VERY hard time explaining this and getting somebody to understand you.

Think how you'd feel if you were dating a girl and found out her whole face has been reconstructed. Something to ponder.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:04 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
My lower legs are proportionately very short - actually, they're bowed and my knee-cap is angled at like 45 degrees which looks really ugly. The thought of surgery has crossed my mind, but I wish there was an easier way.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:55 AM

261 posts, read 527,401 times
Do not get surgery. It hurts like hell, your legs are broken and put back together and you only get around an inch in most cases - Granted I never watched your vid and I get my info from Nip/Tuck! -But atleast it's not wiki.

Someone is always someones type. Horses for Courses.
The worlds fattest twins are married. I think that fact helps with any problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships