Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 12:45 PM

817 posts, read 810,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Then you obviously have not read this thread, nor know anything about whats involved with the surgery to compare it to lipo.
On the contrary, I have read the whole forum, and most opinions here DO speak about the fact that everything else in a man being the same, most women would only and only go for a man who is the taller one, they might "GIVE A CHANCE" to the shorter man if they don't find that elusive taller man, but it's still GIVING A CHANCE, which means they are a second preference.

And I haven't compared it to LIPO, you should get your head cleared before you read the posts, I said that just like how LIPO was very expensive a few years ago but now affordable to most folks, this surgery would become more affordable in a few years and then everyone who wants to stand a few inches taller could do so without spending a lot of money.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
I have heard that, for attracting women, being short is as bad as being poor. But isn't this a bit extreme?
It's worse actually, one of my friends who is a 5'5" doesn't have a single date in the last 5 years because of his height, had he been say 6" and broke, he still would have got more action. FACT.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
And if he gets surgery but still does not attract women, then what?
He will get facial re-constructive surgery if it's a problem with his face, botox if it's the wrinkles or to give himself a face-lift, liposuction if it's his girth, or perhaps take suggestions from the wiser folks in this forum if it's a problem with his attitude/demeanor.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:49 PM

158 posts, read 270,279 times
You can pay me $35k and come to my home. I will do it here. I have a mideaval device called the rack that does wonders for lengthening not only the legs but the spine and arms as well.

Let me know.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:50 PM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
It's worse actually, one of my friends who is a 5'5" doesn't have a single date in the last 5 years because of his height, had he been say 6" and broke, he still would have got more action. FACT.
If he hasn't had a date in 5 years it's because of his personality not his height. I know tons of shorter men in long term relationships and on the dating scene.

Everyone has an excuse for their personal failures.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:51 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Sorry my friend, that is not necessarily a fact and is really just a bad excuse.

I know several men in that height range and they do JUST fine.

It's all in their attitude.

If being shorter is not a problem for THEM, it will almost never be a problem for a woman.

Women want men with enough self confidence and self assurance to walk tall figuratively, not always physically.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy444 View Post
My brother is 5'7" and is a bad dude. He was a Recon Marine who spent 12 years in the Corps. I am 6' and can see the difference in which people are treated due to their height. Even with his background of snooping/pooping and beating in doors he was still looked down upon by many peers due to height. I think the cut off for being too short for a woman is a guy has to be 2-3 inches taller than the girl due to some weird primal instinct. The average height for a woman is 5' 4.5" inches. I know for a fact that there are ways to gain height after you stop growing. I found a website that sells shoe lifts one year http://www.talleryou.com I will be honest and say I bought them as a gag gift for my brother at Christmas time that year. Low and behold he actually started wearing them and is now almost as tall as me.
Thanks for your honesty, that's what is appreciated, most women here kid themselves that they would have no problem in giving a shorter man "A CHANCE"(their own words), however most of them are settled with taller dudes, so their perspective is one coming from people whose plates are already full, had they been in the situation where they had to make a choice, I am sure none of them would have given the shorter dude a fair deal. LOL, the double standards here are quite appalling.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mideast View Post
You can pay me $35k and come to my home. I will do it here. I have a mideaval device called the rack that does wonders for lengthening not only the legs but the spine and arms as well.

Let me know.

Hahaha, post the pictures please. you could start advertising this online, I am sure a lot of dudes would turn up at your door, some nice supplemental income for you.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If he hasn't had a date in 5 years it's because of his personality not his height. I know tons of shorter men in long term relationships and on the dating scene.

Everyone has an excuse for their personal failures.
The thing is that he never complained about it or bitter about it, he's the most gentle guy I have ever come across, in every way, this is a personal observation made by me because of being so close to him as a friend since I met him 5 years ago.

His personality is a million times better than most men you could ever come across in real life. And you have given the NUMBER ONE REASON most women give to cover up for their unrealistic preference in this regard.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sorry my friend, that is not necessarily a fact and is really just a bad excuse.

I know several men in that height range and they do JUST fine.

It's all in their attitude.

If being shorter is not a problem for THEM, it will almost never be a problem for a woman.

Women want men with enough self confidence and self assurance to walk tall figuratively, not always physically.
Ahh, you should perhaps ask the lady that worked with me, that said I at 5'10" was short for her, her height being 5'1", and her preference for a man being 6'2" and above, her explanation being that she wanted her man to be a foot taller than her even in her heels, and she's not the only woman I have seen saying this, this seems to be quite a norm among modern American women.

That FIGURATIVE thing you mentioned about is not just figurative, in most cases, it's quite literal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships