Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 07:52 AM

9 posts, read 8,453 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have a question and I'm interested in what you think about that.

I really like a girl in college and once I asked her out. We met and had a relatively good time. After a few days I sent her an email to meet her again that she refused because she was ill, but she also wrote that we can meet after that. Then we changed some emails but after one she did not reply.
Then I saw her in the school after an exam. She was talking to another boy and didn't even say hello to me.

Do you think she could be still interested if I ask her out in email...? Or what do you think I should do...? (I don't know her phone number and I won't see her in school in the summer).

I'm looking forward to your replies. They will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
M

Last edited by Moricka; 06-24-2010 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: give more detail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 08:08 AM

39 posts, read 55,049 times
ask her in person.. privately

Old 06-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
this is as cut and dry as it comes

she dont like you dude

Old 06-24-2010, 08:46 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Send her a post card.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:46 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Why didn't you exchange phone numbers after the first date? Try asking her in person. If you can't, send one more email for good measure. If she's still luke warm or doesn't return your email then you have your answer. Time to move on.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:10 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
in this context e-mailing is pretty lame, but if that's all you have, then you might as well.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:22 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Lightbulb If At First You Don't Succeed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moricka View Post
Hi,

I have a question and I'm interested in what you think about that.

I really like a girl in college and once I asked her out. We met and had a relatively good time. After a few days I sent her an email to meet her again that she refused because she was ill, but she also wrote that we can meet after that. Then we changed some emails but after one she did not reply.
Then I saw her in the school after an exam. She was talking to another boy and didn't even say hello to me.

Do you think she could be still interested if I ask her out in email...? Or what do you think I should do...? (I don't know her phone number and I won't see her in school in the summer).

I'm looking forward to your replies. They will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
M
Then, as my fellow posters have stated, she may not be interested...sometimes a semi-direct approach works ('I'd like to see you again...are you OK with that?')...and in this internet age, e-mail can be used a kind of last resort, but truly, if she didn't acknowledge your presence, either online or offline, then it's best if you chalk it up as a life lesson, and move on...

You're a young man, and the world is your oyster right now...if a young lady doesn't return your 'overtures', then the world won't end at 330pm that day LOL...take your time and concentrate on your studies, and soon enough, that 'one' will cross your path when you least expect it

Old 06-24-2010, 09:29 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Why didn't you exchange phone numbers after the first date? Try asking her in person. If you can't, send one more email for good measure. If she's still luke warm or doesn't return your email then you have your answer. Time to move on.
What CH said. If she's not responding, smiling when she sees you, etc., then she's probably not interested. Maybe she met someone else. But maybe she's been busy and didn't see you after class ... I'd give it ONE more shot. If she's receptive, get her phone number! None of this e-mail nonsense.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:44 AM

1,360 posts, read 2,951,310 times
You're giving up way to easy. Send her an e-mail everyday until she says NO. :-)

Old 06-24-2010, 10:46 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo6 View Post
You're giving up way to easy. Send her an e-mail everyday until she says NO. :-)
OP - DO NOT take this advice. That screams pathetic & desperate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships