U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-03-2007, 07:19 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,467,591 times

Advertisements

We missed ya, big guy! Welcome back. Has your butt recovered from all that sitting???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 07:45 AM

7,468 posts, read 7,156,458 times
Welcome home, Rance!!!!!

Take gentle care,
June

Old 07-03-2007, 09:19 AM

3,258 posts, read 5,809,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Thank all of you for the kind words and baby names! ROTF is not gonna cut it tho. Gonna need something to sync with Thane or Helena Sofia! How about IKEA? Ikea Helena Sofia...or Ikea Thane? I like it! Thanks for posting pictures Hannah!

IKEA THANE!!! I like it. And Helena Sofia is lovely all on it's own.

Welcome back to America.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:51 PM

1,463 posts, read 2,221,096 times
You already have names picked out???

Personally, I think Thane ROTFL sounds very honorable and masculine, plus it has a hint mystery and seems somewhat international. Considering you're the man that wants to get married in jeans while the lady wears a nice dress, Thane ROTFL will match your quirky sense of humor! I have to agree, though, that Helena Sofia is perfectly lovely by itself-- feminine, graceful, and full of heart.

Welcome back to Alaska, Rancy Rance! Wish I could say I missed you, but since you've managed to keep in touch quite nicely, it's like you never left! I've really got to wonder about a man who flies halfway around the world to fall in love, yet has a compulsive need to keep his internet buddies informed of the progress... You and Hannah have been very brave to share your lives! We've been blessed to share in your adventures!

Last edited by Blueberry; 07-03-2007 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: add emphasis

Old 07-03-2007, 02:08 PM

1,933 posts, read 5,691,312 times
I guess I get to be one of the many to say yet another "welcome back"! It's been boring without you on here frequently! I am glad that you had a safe and fun trip!

Old 07-03-2007, 02:47 PM

15,011 posts, read 25,351,109 times
Sigh...you guys are so cool. My behind hurts big time. 16 hours of flying yesterday, then driving 2 1/2 hours, sleeping for 4 then driving again, then another 1 1/2 hour flight to work this morning. I am so tired of sitting right now. Ok I have to work a little then get on some picture posting. BRB...

Old 07-03-2007, 04:04 PM

11,157 posts, read 11,237,650 times
welcome back rance,,tho, i suspect you've come back a changed man

you remember the last scene in the movie, "officer and gentleman" ??

we too often play the cards that are dealt, rather than being the dealer.
(subtle hints)

Old 07-03-2007, 04:42 PM

1,164 posts, read 2,466,620 times
Quote:
Thank all of you for the kind words and baby names! ROTF is not gonna cut it tho. Gonna need something to sync with Thane or Helena Sofia! How about IKEA? Ikea Helena Sofia...or Ikea Thane? I like it! Thanks for posting pictures Hannah!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! It's a good thing you're not here at the moment...Considering I practice karate, a simple "smack" doesn't have the same meaning to me Which I've already told you...
You gave them my middle names! Pwhew, suddenly I'm glad my parents weren't as cruel as yours... (Though I am named after 3 queens, 3 princesses, 3 islands, 3 capitals -not just countrycapitals though- etc. Can you tell me father teaches history and social studies?)

I like IKEA, though...Hm, maybe one should go for the whole set of local inventors...IKEA Sundbäck (zipper-inventor, born and burried in my neighbour village) Matches (what was their name?). Yes? No? Maybe? Per...haps?

Mrsvho, I would maybe name a child after you, if only I had a clue as to HOW to pronounce your name???!!!

Oh, and Rance, I just watched Midsummer Murders...And today they had 13 actors!
Quick, someone give me an even number!

(I haven't had any electricity all day, forgive my actions...)

Old 07-03-2007, 05:06 PM

15,011 posts, read 25,351,109 times
Quote:
you remember the last scene in the movie, "officer and gentleman" ??
we too often play the cards that are dealt, rather than being the dealer.
(subtle hints)
You mean where he chased her down at the factory...then walked off carrying her in his arms? Yeah...hmmm...shoulda never sold my Harley!

She may have plans for the future that do not include me. I know that sounds bad...but it's a fact I have to be aware of. I could drop to my knees and beg her to come live in Alaska all day long, but I cannot allow myself to hold her back from something she may want to do with her life. Such as persuing a career in psychology etc. Unlike me, she is highly intelligent and very well educated. It would be unfair of me to ask her to drop everything and move to Alaska. That would need to be her decision and with no influence from me. It would kill me if she was living here but unhappy. You know what I mean? Regardless of what the future holds...I have a very best friend. If thats how it turns out...I'm willing to accept it, and cherrish every minute of her time she gives me.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:18 PM

3,258 posts, read 5,809,960 times
Quote:
She may have plans for the future that do not include me. I know that sounds bad...but it's a fact I have to be aware of. I could drop to my knees and beg her to come live in Alaska all day long, but I cannot allow myself to hold her back from something she may want to do with her life. Such as persuing a career in psychology etc. Unlike me, she is highly intelligent and very well educated. It would be unfair of me to ask her to drop everything and move to Alaska. That would need to be her decision and with no influence from me. It would kill me if she was living here but unhappy. You know what I mean? Regardless of what the future holds...I have a very best friend. If thats how it turns out...I'm willing to accept it, and cherrish every minute of her time she gives me.
That's all wonderfully said...but that's where compromise comes in. If you were perhaps willing to live in a slightly larger place (say Anchorage) a career would be more than possible right? It's not my business of course, we'd all just like to see the both of you happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships