Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:44 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,526,456 times

Advertisements

Over the last few months, I've been talking to the woman who works in the office next to mine. We frequently run into each other in the hall or office kitchen and get into interesting conversations.

Yesterday, she invited me to go walking with her sometime next week during our lunch hour break. I like her and want to get to know her better. I'm open to dating her, but I don't know if she's single or not. I've never heard her mention a boyfriend, and she told me that she lives alone, but I can't assume that this means she's single.

What would be a tactful way to ask if she's single? I don't know if it's considered too forward of me to just come out and ask her the question, but on the other hand, I don't want to beat around the bush.

Oh, and if it matters to you, I'm a 29-year-old male. I don't know her age, but she appears to be in her mid to late 30's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 10:46 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,379,476 times
Quote:
What would be a tactful way to ask if she's single?
Are you single?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:47 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,254 times
Just ask her while you are on your walk. "So, are you seeing anyone?" It doesn't have to be difficult unless you make it that way.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:48 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,473 times
Gently come up to her from behind, and caress her ear lobe with the tip of your tongue. If she likes it, she's single.

Sizzler Tip #315

Old 06-30-2010, 10:50 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,770,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
Over the last few months, I've been talking to the woman who works in the office next to mine. We frequently run into each other in the hall or office kitchen and get into interesting conversations.

Yesterday, she invited me to go walking with her sometime next week during our lunch hour break. I like her and want to get to know her better. I'm open to dating her, but I don't know if she's single or not. I've never heard her mention a boyfriend, and she told me that she lives alone, but I can't assume that this means she's single.

What would be a tactful way to ask if she's single? I don't know if it's considered too forward of me to just come out and ask her the question, but on the other hand, I don't want to beat around the bush.

Oh, and if it matters to you, I'm a 29-year-old male. I don't know her age, but she appears to be in her mid to late 30's.
She's single and she wants to get to know you better. Go with it. You aren't going to get your heart broken or step on anyone's toes by getting to know a woman well enough to find out if she's single.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:51 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,367,163 times
The way some guys have asked me is, during the course of conversation, to say something like, "oh your boyfriend must not like that" or something, to which the reply is "oh, I don't have a boyfriend."

Old 06-30-2010, 10:51 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,770,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Gently come up to her from behind, and caress her ear lobe with the tip of your tongue. If she likes it, she's single.

Sizzler Tip #315
You remind me of a white "Smoove B".

Old 06-30-2010, 10:52 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Just ask her while you are on your walk. "So, are you seeing anyone?" It doesn't have to be difficult unless you make it that way.
From a woman's perspective, this sounds like the best approach so far.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:52 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,764,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post

Sizzler Tip #315
You don't have to be single to like that. She's possibly in her late 30's, he's 29.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:53 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The way some guys have asked me is, during the course of conversation, to say something like, "oh your boyfriend must not like that" or something, to which the reply is "oh, I don't have a boyfriend."
When I've heard something like that I didn't respond the way they were trying to get me to. It's just one sign to me that they're passive aggressive. I divorced one of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships